Saving photos from text messages

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Having on occasional issue where I long press on an image that's in a text message, select "save", but then find that it's nowhere to be found on my phone. It's not in Gallery, Downloads, or in Google + (Google Images). Can't figure out where it went ... ?? It's just your standard multimedia message that most of us get every day in a text message. Where could these images be going? Because it says "image saved" after I save it ? but it's nowhere to be found. I'm on Kit Kat 4.4

Thanks!

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
You might want to try downloading a file browsing app, such as Astro. Search around and see if you can find the image in a folder somewhere? You can also try pressing the settings button in the gallery, and hitting "refresh" to see if that helps.

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
You might want to try downloading a file browsing app, such as Astro. Search around and see if you can find the image in a folder somewhere? You can also try pressing the settings button in the gallery, and hitting "refresh" to see if that helps.

Hmm, there is no "refresh" in the Gallery settings.

I know it's Android and all, but it seems odd that I'd need to download an app to find where a simple multimedia attachment disappeared to.

My iPhone had a magnifying glass that would be available with a simple swipe and you could search the phone that way. Is there something like that on this phone?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez