Has anyone had to do a return/exchange faster than Motorola can process even the original order?

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Wife got a Moto X 2014 a few days ago but there is a large speck of dust under the camera lens glass. We were worried that it would eventually fall onto the lens, with out luck just after a year when the warranty was dead.

So I called to get a replacement. They placed the $533 hold on my credit card, and THEN emailed me to tell me that the phone we have, the one that was delivered 3 days ago, was not yet in their system as complete. Because of that the original order has not yet been closed and they can't give me a promo code to order the replacement.

Has anyone else had this issue? Worried that this is going to lead to further problems down the line when they go to process things.

Thanks!

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Wife got a Moto X 2014 a few days ago but there is a large speck of dust under the camera lens glass. We were worried that it would eventually fall onto the lens, with out luck just after a year when the warranty was dead.

So I called to get a replacement. They placed the $533 hold on my credit card, and THEN emailed me to tell me that the phone we have, the one that was delivered 3 days ago, was not yet in their system as complete. Because of that the original order has not yet been closed and they can't give me a promo code to order the replacement.

Has anyone else had this issue? Worried that this is going to lead to further problems down the line when they go to process things.

Thanks!

I bought a Moto x on October 17. I received the device on October 22. I returned the device back to Motorola on October 24. Its now 12/6 and I am hoping that this gets taken care of soon. :(

NoahForeman

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Moto x on October 17. I received the device on October 22. I returned the device back to Motorola on October 24. Its now 12/6 and I am hoping that this gets taken care of soon. :(

Did you send your's in before receiving the replacement? I did the replacement where they put a hold on your credit card, send you a device after you customize it again, and then you send the defective one back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana