DROID Maxx Pre-Order on Wirefly.

chriswood1382

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So I have noticed that all of the third party retailers have not taken Pre-Order status off of the Droid Ultra's and Mini's. Hopefully this is a good sign that Motorola is getting these devices out the door again. Maybe the Maxx will be soon. Still waiting through Newegg , hoping to see some activity within the next couple days.

ANewPlay256

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
So I have noticed that all of the third party retailers have not taken Pre-Order status off of the Droid Ultra's and Mini's. Hopefully this is a good sign that Motorola is getting these devices out the door again. Maybe the Maxx will be soon. Still waiting through Newegg , hoping to see some activity within the next couple days.

+1 - It was in the Best Buy weekly advertisement, but I still haven't seen any store availability.

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Ordered a Admiral from eBay to try to get the Trade in Deal. Free returns on the admiral so no real risk. going to have to travel about 45 minutes from my house to find the phone from what it looks like but so be it.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a Admiral from eBay to try to get the Trade in Deal. Free returns on the admiral so no real risk. going to have to travel about 45 minutes from my house to find the phone from what it looks like but so be it.

no trying, it will work.

edit: dont even let them waste time trying to figure your trade in...just give them this code MOTOJB100NEW and say its the code for the trade in program.

LOTL2

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
no trying, it will work.

edit: dont even let them waste time trying to figure your trade in...just give them this code MOTOJB100NEW and say its the code for the trade in program.
All the admirals on Ebay are for Sprint. I take it, it doesnt matter seeing as how the Moto trade in program is for all carriers?
Is Verizon deducting the $100 off of the cost of the Maxx or crediting your account?

Also the terms say all phones have to be in working order. So if the phone doesnt include a SIM card, are they going to have a problem with that?
I noticed a lot of sellers do not include SIM cards.

Last edited:

polar135

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on the code that they should use.

no trying, it will work.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is no problem. I turned in a functioning admiral but others have reported turning in ones with broken screens etc. All they looked at when I turned it in was the serial/ meid numbers on the back of the phone. They didn't look or ask for sim, charger, working order or anything. I received a 100 credit on my account.

Posted via Android Central App

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It's actually still possible to get the device for $200 after rebate. If you sign a 2-yr agreement through Verizon at Comcast, then they'll sell you the phone for $299 and give you a $100 Visa gift card. You don't need to be a Comcast or Xfinity customer to qualify. http://www.comcast.com/wireless.html
If you are an Xfinity customer, you can do even better by electing to receive $10 off your Xfinity bill every month for 12 months instead of the $100 gift card. That will come out to a total of $120. So you'll effectively be buying the phone for $180.
Order being fullfilled via Verizon, so no waiting on shipping. It says 6 weeks after the order for the card, which at this rate may arrive before the phones purchased from 3rd parties.

Has anyone who is not a Comcast customer successfully received the $100 gift card?

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
OK, I cancelled my order on Wirefly and ordered thru Comcast. Kind of scarey that there was no mention of the $100 gift card till after the order was completed and I am not a Comcast customer. I had to pay an additional $58.49 in sales tax but I guess for Verizon to be standing behind the phone its worth it and I will have it my hands next week!

chriswood1382

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So just to clarify, Even if you are not a comcast customer you still get the $100 gift card? I am sick of waiting for Newegg at this point, they have no information whatsoever as to when they will receive the phones.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
We don't have Comcast here in CA but after I placed the order a screen came up thanking me and saying the gift card would arrive within 30 days after activation. I charged my order and hope I can use the gift card to pay off the first $100. I will truly believe it when I have that gift card in my hands. I shall post back here the day I get it.

chriswood1382

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I just went the same route as you and went through the comcast site. Have to just wait and see but at least I should see a phone ship in a few days and be able to go right to the verizon store in my town if any problems come up. I appreciate the reply. Can't wait to get my hands on this phone!

keadea

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the post! I had been waiting since 8/22 for my pre-order with wirefly. Today, I decided to take a leap of faith and order a Droid Maxx through Comcast. I'm not a Comcast customer but went through the ordering process and got the message of the $100 card at the very end. I'm stoked!
We don't have Comcast here in CA but after I placed the order a screen came up thanking me and saying the gift card would arrive within 30 days after activation. I charged my order and hope I can use the gift card to pay off the first $100. I will truly believe it when I have that gift card in my hands. I shall post back here the day I get it.

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Woohooo!

I just got an email that my new phone will be here on Wednesday the the 18th at 8 PM. I ordered it thru Comcast on the 14th.
Keeping my fingers crossed on the $100 gift card. I shall post as I know more.
Congrats on your purchase keadea. Keep us advised as to your progress.
Bet I would still be waiting here 6 months from now on Wirefly.

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I preordered my wifes Maxx from Verizon at the upgrade price and it was shipped on 8/27 as published. I liked it so much, I ordered one from Amazon.... (crickets..).. I cancelled from Amazon and ordered from Verizon through Comcast. I talked to a Verizon rep. and asked if they were in stock. When she checked she said, "oh we have lots of them".. I don't blame them for hanging on to a hot seller.. Interesting that mine is coming from a different location, PA as opposed to NJ. Mine is scheduled to arrive Wed the 18th.. Take care.

P.S. I AM a Comcast customer. I'm surprised that you don't have to be to take advantage of the offer. Good deal that you don't.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
when i ordered from Verizon the first time with two day shipping, it came out of coatsville, pa. when that was cancelled and a new order with next day air was sent out, that came out of mempis. just found it interesting.

wcowings

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I just received a response from Sam's Club CS

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Team.

I apologize for the late response. We were unable to respond to your e-mail due to backlog in e-mails. We still do not have any confirmation on DROID MAXX by MOTOROLA. Everything is fine on the order. We are just waiting for the inventory in our stock. Once it becomes available in our stock, we will process the order further accordingly. I would request you please contact us back after 24 business hours to get an updates on the order. *We assure you that we will do our best to process the order on higher priority for you.

Looks like they are in the same boat as everyone else.

Sent from my SCH-950 while waiting on Sam's Club to ship my DROID Maxx

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
FWIW I spoke to Amazon and she indicated that it was in stock for a short period of time, though it is now out of stock with no estimated delivery time. She indicated that what is shown on the website (10/1-10/15) is likely, but it may be later.

Good to hear that they had some in stock at some point, assuming that is accurate.