DROID Maxx Pre-Order on Wirefly.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So, those of you that used Wirefly to pre order have you received any update yet on when your order is shipping? I ordered mine through them and was told today that they usually get their shipments on launch day and ship the next. Can anyone confirm this. I am cool waiting a few days but need to make the change by next week since I am moving over to Verizon and want to end my current service at the end of my billing cycle. Thanks!

mpsmit3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I canceled mine after hearing about the customer service problems. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but if I have a problem at some point, I'm not a fan of having to send back my phone and wait a week or so to get a replacement. Just saw Radio Shack has $199 pre-orders also.

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I canceled mine after hearing about the customer service problems. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, but if I have a problem at some point, I'm not a fan of having to send back my phone and wait a week or so to get a replacement. Just saw Radio Shack has $199 pre-orders also.

FYI

RadioShack's web site.. "Orders for products and services are fulfilled by Simplexity".. Per Wikipedia.. Simplexity assumed control of Wirefly.com in November 2007

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to wait for the Maxx to come to Costco and hope the price is 199 as well. I realize that the kiosks inside Costco stores are independent of Costco (Wireless Associates) but I'd prefer to have somewhere brick and mortar to deal with a phone than online although I did get my Rezound online a few years ago from Amazon with no difficulties. But if a problem arises I'd like to be able to take it back rather than dealing with mailing it and waiting and waiting.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is my concern as well, but between me getting the Maxx and my wife's GS4 it is saving us $180 bucks! That's hard to pass up. I'll give it a day or two more and see if there are any updates and might just end up biting the bullet and purchasing from the store. Please keep us updated if anyone gets new news on shipments though!

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I just called Wirefly about my order. They still haven't received their phones. They say as soon as they do they will send out an e-mail notifying me and send the phone out fed-ex. I thought about cancelling the order, but I called various Verizon stores and the Best Buy near me. No phones either. Just have to wait:(

I wish you luck with your order as well. Maybe some of the stores around you have one in stock. A little note if a Best Buy has it they will price match if you show them the site.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to let you all know we will let our customers know AS SOON as we start to ship the phones. Last information I had was that we will have them soon and then we will start shipping orders. We appreciate your patience while we wait to get these phones shipped to you.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I am curious though as to why your customer service agents told me that you get the phone on launch date and typically ship out the day after? Is there a typical delay in your receiving of shipments compared to the launch date. In general? Thank you again for hopping in here and chiming in!!!

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
BTW, is the 6 month google music service only available if you purchase at a VZW store or is that no matter where you buy?

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
You are welcome. Typically there is not a delay in receiving shipments and turning them around. Our agents tend to respond the way they do, so they don't over promise and under-deliver. :) I will be sure to share that with management so that our agents provide customers with the best information possible.

Let me check on the Google Music promotion - I am not sure and I don't want to give you the wrong information. :)

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
BTW, is the 6 month google music service only available if you purchase at a VZW store or is that no matter where you buy?

I would bet it does not matter where you buy from. I have my droid maxx now and it asked me if I wanted the 6 month trial when I opened the app. No cards or codes required.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I wonder what the situation will be since I already subscribe?

- - - Updated - - -

???? It is $100 less than VZW. How much did you get it for on Amazon?

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Returning my $299 phone to Verizon today and waiting for my upgrade to reset and ordering from Amazon, all worth $100. One question, do you get charged tax from Amazon when ordering?

EDIT: They are out of stock! Giving it a few more days to see if Besbuy gets them in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non