DROID Maxx Pre-Order on Wirefly.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
If you read the faq, it says the $100 only works in the VZW stores, not mail in. The mail in is good for the Moto X. That's why I bought in store. The same price as Wirefly and Amazon, but I have it in my hands already. Pompano Beach, FL on Federal Highway had it in Stock on the 21st.

from a vzw store? did you trade up or they matched?

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Dream:)

I checked the Wirefly site and where it used to have order pending due to unavailability it now says I will be notified by e-mail when the item is shipped. I hope this means they have received their phones and will be shipping shortly.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Got an automated email from VzW this morning that changes have been made to my account. Seems like things have been put in motion. Hopefully these things start shipping soon!

Posted via Android Central App

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a Dream:)

I checked the Wirefly site and where it used to have order pending due to unavailability it now says I will be notified by e-mail when the item is shipped. I hope this means they have received their phones and will be shipping shortly.
Me too! Fingers crossed. Was really wanting this thing by Thursday.

cmueske

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and mine is the same as it has been. Hoping that the didn't get a limited quantity and I am on the outside looking in. i know it is first come first served (as it should be). Everyone getting updates, when did you pre-order. Keep us in the loop if you hear more. thanks.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a false alarm. I rechecked the site and they say they are still awaiting inventory. I then called and the rep I got said they had no Droid MAXX phones to fill orders. If true I will be disappointed. I am going to wait until tomorrow to see if I get an e-mail notification. Don't know what I will do yet if it is not coming may cancel order and try Newegg which supposedly has it in stock for $179.00. I take that with a grain of salt at this point.

adamkbeebe

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I'm also back to the original awaiting inventory screen on wirefly. Nothing from Verizon regarding account changes, that seems like a better indicator of a pending shipment. I also preordered on 8/6, really hope that mine ships this week.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Me too. Bummer I thought we were heading in the right direction. Maybe Kim from Wirefly will chime in sometime today.

cmueske

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Newegg is showing the same pre-order status on it. Spoke to customer service and they could not tell me when they would be recieving them in stock either. All things being the same if I have my choice I take newegg because its 20 bucks cheaper. I would guess that they both get them in the same time. It looks like the same ordering screen.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Newegg is showing the same pre-order status on it. Spoke to customer service and they could not tell me when they would be recieving them in stock either. All things being the same if I have my choice I take newegg because its 20 bucks cheaper. I would guess that they both get them in the same time. It looks like the same ordering screen.

I saw that and the $20 saving is enticing but I dont want to lose my place in line with wirefly.com

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking Verizon and Moto may have underestimated the demand for these phones. Anybody know what stock has been like in corp stores? I bought mine on launch day at the corp store at 5PM after work and the sales guy said it was the first one he had sold. Did not seem like there was huge demand then.

mpsmit3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody every bought a phone via Newegg? I canceled by Wirefly order after I read about less than glowing reviews of their customer service. In particular, if you ever have to get a replacement phone. I know its a rare event, but its significant when/if it happens.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody every bought a phone via Newegg? I canceled by Wirefly order after I read about less than glowing reviews of their customer service. In particular, if you ever have to get a replacement phone. I know its a rare event, but its significant when/if it happens.

Newegg and Wirefly are run by the same parent company Simplexity. I would guess there would not be much a difference in the CS experience.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
not sure about newegg wireless, but my experience with newegg in general has always been superb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz