Panzer_GSD

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Stupid question here. Since my messages didn't get transferred, now is the time possibly change. I think there was a choice between SMS or something else (forget what that was). Within the SMS, if I stay with that, I have the old messaging like I used with my Razr HD or Hangouts or Message+.

What are the differences?

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, You can use SMS Backup and Restore (app) on your old phone, save the file to Google Drive then download onto your new phone.
SMS by itself can be used by multiple apps. Personally I'm using Google's new Messaging app because it's material design and runs fast. Hangouts is a little slow but aggregates your GChat messages and voicemails if you like. Message+ works great because Verizon essentially turns your SMS into data and therefore you can send / receive SMS via data connection or wifi i.e. I went abroad and set it up and was able to get messages without using mobile data. If you spend a lot of time on airplanes and need to stay in touch via GoGo or whatever, it's a good choice too.

But if you just want standard SMS then Messaging is fine. It's also very similar to the standard Texting app on android. As these all use the same SMSs, then you can move back and forth between them and have the same messages so give it a go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty