Trade-In rejected! 😡

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Samsung received my trade in S23 ultra from FedEx a week ago. I got the email Samsung says item received and being processed. I know it can take 2 weeks but it's making me nervous. Samsung website doesn't even say trade in received.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Samsung received my trade in S23 ultra from FedEx a week ago. I got the email Samsung says item received and being processed. I know it can take 2 weeks but it's making me nervous. Samsung website doesn't even say trade in received.
Neither my Husband's nor my trade-in showed up on Samsung's website after they had been received for inspection. Same thing with our watch trade-ins in August. Not sure what's going on with that, but I wouldn't let that part add to your worry.

I'm hoping you get a thumbs-up soon! 👍

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I also write on all sides of the box "packaging documented"
Sure, the FedEx employees stealing in transit warehouses could care less about what's written on the boxes. How does it matter to them if it's documented or not? In fact, it might be more of an indicator for them to signal this box has something valuable. Not that they won't know already seeing the destination address.

I'm not saying don't write on the boxes. I just don't think it matters when it gets stolen in transit.

Last edited:

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Sure, the FedEx employees stealing in transit warehouses could care less about what's written on the boxes. How does it matter to them if it's documented or not? In fact, it might be more of an indicator for them to signal this box has something valuable. Not that they won't know already seeing the destination address.

I'm not saying don't write on the boxes. I just don't think it matters when it gets stolen in transit.
It might not matter to a FedEx employee but it might matter to a Samsung employee who may think about declaring that the phone doesn't meet it's trade-in requirements. I think Samsung purposefully denies trade-ins because they believe most people won't challenge it. They can save themselves the time when they see that this phone's denial will definitely be challenged.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Maybe... Maybe not. If it was me if I seen that on the package I would leave it alone. You can twist it around all you want.. In the end is out of our hands once we drop it off

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It might not matter to a FedEx employee but it might matter to a Samsung employee who may think about declaring that the phone doesn't meet it's trade-in requirements. I think Samsung purposefully denies trade-ins because they believe most people won't challenge it. They can save themselves the time when they see that this phone's denial will definitely be challenged.
I'm just going to disagree and move on. First of all it's not Samsung employee who is evaluating the trade-in. It's trade-in partner and not Samsung employee evaluating trade-in. I get a laugh out of Samsung purposely denying trade-in so that they can screw their reputation and try to sneak in some extra dollars

Reactions: rtronick

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe... Maybe not. If it was me if I seen that on the package I would leave it alone. You can twist it around all you want.. In the end is out of our hands once we drop it off
I would leave it alone if the stealing is happening at trade-in center. If it happens in transit which is where most of this happens then it doesn't matter and the FedEx guy who is stealing doesn't care.

I agree it's out of our hands once we drop off.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I out of 3 devices was accepted for trade-in a week ago. Still have not heard anything on the other 2 (watch and phone) at 11 days post receipt by Samsung. All devices were shipped together (individual boxes, of course.) Just a bit nervous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol