Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Big guns
c4cdafefca0c17722d0a03514e346a42.jpg

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Picture of the sun while checking the settings of my S24U camera in preparation for the eclipse on Monday. I taped one of the eyepieces from a pair of paper eclipse glasses I got from 7-11 over the lenses to take this pic. Taken on a tripod in Pro mode @ 12MP, ISO 50, F3.4, 1/50 sec.

View attachment 361543
I personally cannot wait till the eclipse is over. I get it, it's neat and a once in a lifetime event. But it's been full tilt now for months and now the fear mongering is starting with outages and food shortages, blah blah blah. I happen to live on the totality line and it's a minute event, people are flooding in form all over, schools are closed, some businesses are closing. They say gas pumps aren't going to work now.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I personally cannot wait till the eclipse is over. I get it, it's neat and a once in a lifetime event. But it's been full tilt now for months and now the fear mongering is starting with outages and food shortages, blah blah blah. I happen to live on the totality line and it's a minute event, people are flooding in form all over, schools are closed, some businesses are closing. They say gas pumps aren't going to work now.
I get it.....here where I live...we are sheltering in place.....I have my perimeter fence up....flood lights....cameras are all setup.....food stock piles....because we all know during the total eclipse....everyone's going to turn into ZOMBIES!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I also live in the path of totality. I don't care. I saw a partial eclipse back in the 90s, and it won't be much different seeing a total eclipse. I'm staying home, and I'll watch videos of it that other people took.