Bought a Note 3, only received a Note 3 "box"

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Its easy to figure out what's in the box's during the Christmas break I was doing relief work at a logistics company. It was obvious to tell what was in each box e.g TV, speakers, phone, food etc my favourite were chip packets.... Huge box's weighing nothing :p

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Isn't most FedEx ground done by local contract companies. I had a movie to be delivered by them was setting on couch looking through the door when I got the text package had been delivered. Right then I knew something was up. Called amazon of course they were great then called FedEx got the did you check around the door and bushes and check neighborhood. No its not my place to run up and down the street calling my neighbors thieves. Needless it was never found.

Posted via Android Central App

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it, but has Verizon labeled the phone as stolen? So, if someone tries to use it, it'll show up that way.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hence the reason I would contact Fed-Ex directly, that's really not something their delivery drivers should be asking, and it does make one suspicious.

Yeah, I may do that.

Even though it points to a fedex issue, it could have been tampered with after packing and weighing perhaps by some employee at Verizon. Though it seems unlikely.

Also, here is the picture of the box.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386485532953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386485532953.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386485560130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386485560130.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 85

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be the most likely situation.

GREENVILLE, N.C. -- A Federal Express employee has been arrested and charged with stealing smartphones, iPads and other electronic devices from packages at the company's Greenville facility.

The Daily Reflector of Greenville*reported Friday that 22-year-old Daniel Robert Sacks has been charged with multiple counts of larceny by employee and obtaining property by false pretense.

Sacks is accused of taking nine items worth $3,000 and selling them on the Internet.

Investigators say Sacks removed the cellphones, iPads and other electronics and resealed the boxes for shipment between May 21 and June 13.

Sheriff's officials are trying to determine if there were other thefts.

It wasn't clear whether Sacks has an attorney. - See more at: http://coastal.news14.com/content/v...s-in-greenville?ap=1&MP4#sthash.qXXkZvyh.dpuf

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it, but has Verizon labeled the phone as stolen? So, if someone tries to use it, it'll show up that way.

I did contact Verizon lost /stolen phone department to let them know that I did not receive the phone. The phone wasn't stolen from me as I never had possession of the phone in the first place.

For all I know, the box somehow got opened, the phone slipped out of the box and was later found by a fedex employee who is diligently preparing to deliver the phone to me Monday.

:sly:

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully by diligently preparing a SD card slips out another box and lands in your phone.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Btw, looks like bad news for me. Others had had no luck dealing with Verizon for similar situations

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1003182#1003182

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/884219#884219

https://vzwsupport.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=/api/core/v2/posts/1285
https://vzwsupport.jive-mobile.com/#jive-discussion?content=/api/core/v2/discussions/808287

I will give Verizon a few days, but I doubt that it would make a difference. Then call Verizon and try to escalate to a supervisor, which probably won't make a difference either, but at least it would be documented that I did my due diligence. Then time to do the mass email to executives. If that doesn't work bbb and state ag. Personally, I never had to go past that point for my issues, but small claims is the last option.

I know that there is the backcharge option, but that way doesn't reset my upgrade.

Last edited:

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Btw, looks like bad news for me.
You need to file a police report of a stolen phone. You just state the facts to them and they file the report. They won't investigate your report, but this will help you if you have to go to small claims court. You also need to dispute the charge on your credit card - again, this will help you if you have to go to small claims court.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
@dpham00 For whatever this is worth, the outside of my recently received box looked much more professional that what your picture shows.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You need to file a police report of a stolen phone. You just state the facts to them and they file the report. They won't investigate your report, but this will help you if you have to go to small claims court. You also need to dispute the charge on your credit card - again, this will help you if you have to go to small claims court.

Thanks, I will file a police report. I have already filed a claim with FedEx online as well. Should I wait to dispute the charge on my credit card? I want to give Verizon a chance (maybe a week or two) to resolve it. Granted, they probably wouldn't do jack, but when filing the dispute, I think it would be better if I documented that I did make a diligent effort to contact Verizon and was unable to resolve the issue. What do you guys think?

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Can't the thief just flash it to another carrier?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I will file a police report. I have already filed a claim with FedEx online as well. Should I wait to dispute the charge on my credit card? I want to give Verizon a chance (maybe a week or two) to resolve it. Granted, they probably wouldn't do jack, but when filing the dispute, I think it would be better if I documented that I did make a diligent effort to contact Verizon and was unable to resolve the issue. What do you guys think?
I would file claim with Comcast, FedEx, and VZW, and make a police report as a lost/stolen phone during transit. This should be handled within 7-14 days for a resolution. If not, then dispute with credit card.

Man, hope this works out for you!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't the thief just flash it to another carrier?

They would need to do esn cloning (which in this case would be illegal) to use it on Verizon. I thought that Verizon shares it's stolen phone database with the other carriers? The phone itself is factory sim unlocked, but if the imei is reported as stolen and the database shared, then you would have to clone the imei (again, illegal) to use on gsm.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Should I wait to dispute the charge on my credit card? I want to give Verizon a chance (maybe a week or two) to resolve it. Granted, they probably wouldn't do jack, but when filing the dispute, I think it would be better if I documented that I did make a diligent effort to contact Verizon and was unable to resolve the issue. What do you guys think?
Yes, it is better to give them a chance to make it right. But I agree with those who say file a complaint with Verizon and Fed Ex. I would notify Comcast, too since you were supposed to get the $200 VISA prepaid card and see what they can do for you.

Last edited:

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Btw, looks like bad news for me. Others had had no luck dealing with Verizon for similar situations

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1003182#1003182

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/884219#884219

https://vzwsupport.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=/api/core/v2/posts/1285
https://vzwsupport.jive-mobile.com/#jive-discussion?content=/api/core/v2/discussions/808287

I will give Verizon a few days, but I doubt that it would make a difference. Then call Verizon and try to escalate to a supervisor, which probably won't make a difference either, but at least it would be documented that I did my due diligence. Then time to do the mass email to executives. If that doesn't work bbb and state ag. Personally, I never had to go past that point for my issues, but small claims is the last option.

I know that there is the backcharge option, but that way doesn't reset my upgrade.

This is why I say contact Fed-Ex. Also, last time I ordered a phone, it required my signature so I could make sure I received my items unmolested. The longer you put off calling Fed-Ex, it'll be on you. I would've called them the first minute I saw something was wrong. They were the last large company to handle your package. If the package was tampered from Verizon then they would pursue it with verizon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is why I say contact Fed-Ex. Also, last time I ordered a phone, it required my signature so I could make sure I received my items unmolested. The longer you put off calling Fed-Ex, it'll be on you. I would've called them the first minute I saw something was wrong. They were the last large company to handle your package. If the package was tampered from Verizon then they would pursue it with verizon.

Live and learn I guess. When I had problems with shipments from amazon like this (items missing from shipment), I just called amazon and they sent me the missing item(s), no questions asked. Never had to deal with the shipper. Verizon, I am learning, isn't like that.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Live and learn I guess. When I had problems with shipments from amazon like this (items missing from shipment), I just called amazon and they sent me the missing item(s), no questions asked. Never had to deal with the shipper. Verizon, I am learning, isn't like that.

As someone else mentioned, you might want to put a hold on your CC charge as well. You can't expect a company to do the right thing, which is partly the company's fault, and part society's fault as I'm sure the company has been victim of people trying to scam them as well. Kind of sad actually, but it's pretty much where we are today as a society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty