Strange text message

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I looked through my texts and I found this. Anybody know what it could be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-16-10-18-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-16-10-18-12.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 22

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I was browsing on a pc off my phone hotspot and suddenly saw a window with the last 4 digits of my phone # saying congratulations on your purchase, enter here or something, then got a text to my phone saying I have agreed to pay 4.75 a week! to a company called Payforit.
The text said send STOP to discontinue, and the original text disappeared when I did.

I had a long call to CS when the monthly statement came, where after listening, they asked me to hold while they patched me in to a a guy from Payforit (this is a call to my carrier who could conference me in to a scam company who are allowed to take money from my Direct Debit - grrr!).

Long story short, this Payforit guy agreed their so called 5 step verification process (for opting in) may have failed (yeh sure!).
He continually wanted my email to process my refund, I continually refused and eventually said I was hanging up to both of them but they had BETTER sort it out, they were losing a 4 year customer now on a 30 day contract, and was contacting the police and the er! wotsit commission about fraud and theft.
They begged to speak to me over the next 48 hours (carrier), I didn't respond. I was reimbursed next cycle and wasn't charged for legitimate overages.

Check with your carrier about what they may have deducted and give them hell.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress