Samsung Apps- Help needed

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i bought my GSIII in Dubai and it had Samsung apps pre-installed. i have since left Dubai and every time i try to install an app from the Samsung app store, it tells me 'the country information for my Samsung account does not match the country information for the Samsung app store'

"Samsung app country: GPF; Samsung account country: USA"

how do i solve this problem...not really keen on opening a new Samsung account if i can get the app store on the device to access the US store

my Samsung account is a USA account

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing you could try is uninstall the "Samsung Apps" application. Then use your phones web browser to go to "samsungapps.com" download the app from that site, and maybe it will now be the US version. Let me know what you see.

bigscrick

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I have found a solution to your problem. One thing I learned from android magazine. First thing first. If you do not clear the app data before uninstalling an app. The data is always there. I had the same issue you had. As i bought mine in Qatar. So here are the steps to fix the issue.

1.Go to application.
2.Force stop.
3. Clear app data.(Everything)
4. Reopen Samsung apps and you will be prompted to create/Select country.
5. There you select USA and everything should work as planned.

Worked for me. Hope this helps.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just tried your suggestions but didn't get the country selection screen and I still have the same problem

Do I need to restart the phone after clearing data

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
How do I do that?

think he means factory reset and sign up with samsung again when the phone restarts but i dont know if that will solve the problem... it might.. id use new log in details if u try it

ivanjunior

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem the only need to do is; in application (clear data) , then all new information for the new email account include (samsung apps) has be the same country .

Raymond Larkin

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
That info on changing the store country worked for me (USA), but now when I try to use the books section (GOBO) of readers hub, I get the message that it is not available at this store?

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem the only need to do is; in application (clear data) , then all new information for the new email account include (samsung apps) has be the same country .

I've tried this severally with no luck. Still getting the error.

blkala3

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Where do I clear the data at? I went to the Samsung app store but can't find anything I am having the same problem and not great on the computer?
Thanks for any help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch