S7 Edge - First Sammy phone I've liked in a while

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I never really loved Samsung phones (outside of the first couple of S series and a few of the Notes), and have actually DISLIKED Samsung phones for a few years-- so for me to not just tolerate, but to actually WANT an S7E is weird. What are some improvements over previous Samsung S Series models you're looking forward to?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: First Sammy phone I've liked in a while

I am looking forward to the camera improvements and water resistance

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I'll have to check it out in a store. I mainly want to compare the S7 and the S7 edge.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. Was always slightly anti Samsung. Always preferred LG and Motorola. I always preferred the underdog and this year I was fully expecting to upgrade to the LG G5 but after it was announced it just didn't quite do it for me. Impressed with what they have done but wished they just did a scaled down, updated v10.

I watched the Samsung event, and was shocked to find I was getting excited! It is the most complete package of any phone I've seen (for me!). Beautiful design, beautiful screen, a very promising camera, expandable memory. Even touchwiz doesn't look so bad as it used to. Never been so excited for a phone, or preordered a phone!

Last edited:

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Have to agree here as well. My phone history goes from: HTC Thunderbolt -> Galaxy S3 -> Droid Maxx -> Droid Turbo. After the S3 I was completely against Samsung for some reason, and decided I wanted to get as close to pure as possible.

But the S7 Edge is really everything I've ever wanted in a smartphone - Waterproof, giant battery, active display (my moto term haha), leading edge tech, expandable memory (I use mostly music/photos), killer camera, plus more. Hell, if it wasn't for TouchWiz, I honestly think this might be the best phone ever created.

As much as I want to go Nexus, Google doesn't seem to want to make a phone that checks literally all of my boxes. At the end of the day, if TouchWiz is the only problem with a phone, then that phone has to be pretty darn amazing.

Steemlives

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm on the same boat...

I went from Galaxy S2 to all the iPhones in order, wanted to make the switch and hated Samsung phones so I went with the Nexus 5X... next thing I know the S7 edge was announced and I couldn't help but pre-order one.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Same here! My first smartphone was a Galaxy S2 but Samsung has never managed to get me excited about their phones since (until now). Touchwiz was the main culprit for putting me off. The S6 was the first Galaxy phone that truly interested me due to its great camera and native theme engine, but the anaemic battery and the ongoing RAM management issues kept me away.

That's all changed with the S7. My main gripes with Touchwiz have mostly disappeared, the battery capacity has increased enough to satisfy me and the rest of the hardware (especially the camera) looks excellent.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I love Samsung phones. My first was a note. I love how they sometimes add very useful things to Android. Like the toggle switches in notifications, multiwindow, etc.

My first S series phone was the S5 and I know people here hated it but I never had a problem with it. It had an amazing camera and screen. It was fast and I loved the fast charging and water proofing. I even looked the plastic.

The only other Android phones I've liked are Nexus phones

I'm looking forward to the return of waterproofing and SD cards. I'm also really excited about the always on display and improved edge features.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty