Market upgrade then downgrade?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
After the tw. Update the android market was showing the video rental section. The today it gone again. Anyone else notice this?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah and it pissed me off beyond belief, although i can still get to the movies from the red video app and in market on the net it is gone now. Thought it was just me. I did read somewhere that google was holding it off for tabs for a while and it would be available soon.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I had it on the software update day release. I had to do a factory restore and since it is missing. Have cleared the cache, restarted its still not there.
Whats the deal?

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had it on the software update day release. I had to do a factory restore and since it is missing. Have cleared the cache, restarted its still not there.
Whats the deal?

Had the same thing happen to me. Did a reset a week ago and lost the movies section. Still hasn't come back; not sure why.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I gotta admit, I am kinda glad it isn't just me. I thought I was tripping or something. I even rented a movie and couldn't get it to play. My $ was refunded though. I asked the Video app support team, why did I have the Google Videos app after the Touchwiz update, they never answered. They did say you have to have the Market update to watch Movies on the Tab and that it should be available soon.

Here is part of the last email:
Hello Henry,

If you don't have the current updates necessary to obtain the 'Videos' app
by Google Inc, then it will not be possible to watch Android Market Movies
at this time.

Latest update for the Android OS on your device:
Gingerbread 2.3 phone / Gingerbread 3.2 tablet
Settings > About Phone > System Updates (check for any available updates)

Latest Android Market update
3.0.27 phone / 1.0.28 tablet

Then download the Videos app from the Market
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.videos

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any
additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Gwenevere
The Android Market Team

raka1212

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
What is good about google movie? It is actually annoying that somebody in the family can start watching movie on your tablet @ $4 with connected gmail account without realizing he or she shelling $4 per movie. I don't see myselft using any movie service untile they offer the monthly subsription plan like n*flix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress