Samsung Tab 3 won't switch on..?!

Doogalred

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Help I've just bought 2 new Samsung Galaxy tab 3's and neither will switch on.. They've been been charging for over 12 hours. They both powered up when first taken out the box, but now nothing. Any ideas appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung tab 3 wont switch on..?!

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried holding the power button for 10-15 seconds? Most Android devices won't turn on with a short tap of the power button, in my experience.

roger miller

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm so frustrated. I bough the device for my son and gave it to him before we left on the 24th Dec, booted fine and charged it once again after that.since then it just wouldn't charge again. i tried:
charging with original charger
other chargers (that i know works because i charged my daughters kindle)
holding down power button (tried 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 second
folding down power button and volume down button

this is so disappointing as i just recently made the leap from my trusted apple products.

Dan Davis2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

My son has his Galaxy Tab 3 since August. Its worked beautifully since then. His battery completely drained Monday. He charged it over night using the charger that came with it. It won't turn on. We've tried holding the power button down for 20 seconds, and holding the power button and volume buttons for 20 seconds. Still nothing.

Meha Valdez

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I bought 3 of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3's 7.0 one for each of my kids. 2 black 1 white. The white one was plugged into the USB port of my computer when it started flashing black and gray and then went out. It won't charge or turn on. All methods I have seen don't work. Also all 3 tablets are having a hard time charging. The chargers that were provided do not work on any of them and they only charge via USB now. These were bought only 3 months ago. What gives???

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

It sounds like you guys are having bad luck. I have 8 or so samsung devices of all form factors and have had not one problem. Not that that helps, but I dont know what's up.

trubert

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

This happened me today. I plugged the tablet into the USB on the laptop and left it for a couple of hours. It trickle charged it enough for it to be able to take a charge from the wall socket. It is charging now and I won't let icy run down completely again.

Posted via Android Central App

ianbutler

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Anyone had any luck?
I have just charged mine for the first time in (for over 12hrs) it was flashing as charging - but now NOTHING. I have tried the obvious holding down power button etc but no luck, I wanted to get it working for my daughters birthday. Now wishing I had got the ipad mini!!!!!!!!!!

tabletswagg

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

i've had my galaxy tab 3.7.0 for like 3 months now. and i've experienced no issues. until now. it just won't turn on. every method has failed.:(:'( it's been charging forever. there is nothing wrong with my charger. help.

psususe

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem. Ended up sending in back to get fixed under warranty. I think they sent me a new Tab.

Chris Van Overbeek

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problems with my 3.0 tablet. The only way i have seemed to get it to work is to alternate between a usb connected to a computer and the wall mount. Let it charge for about 30 mins and try turning it on (hold power button for 10+ secs). If it doesn't work in one power source switch to the next power source. Eventually it turns on. Make sure the device is plugged into a power source when trying to turn it on. Its frustrating I know, but eventually I manage to get it booted up.

Please let me know if this works for anyone else...

Leila E

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had this same issue as a few of you...can't charge or turn on my Galaxy Tablet 3. I hate it! Got mine for Christmas from my father, wasn't using it a lot just yet but learning. The battery did run low enough for it to shut down but come on - that shouldn't kill a device! My PC battery will die down to nothing then recharge no problem, iPhone as well. The tablet is now it's basically a big paper weight.
Did anyone find any solutions?? I'm very frustrated

Last edited:

wirelesscaller

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Repaired my sister's grandson's Tab 3 which had the same problem, won't show it's charging, won't power on. You have to remove the back cover of the tablet and disconnect the battery cable from the circuit board, then reconnect it back, and put it on a charger. The display will flicker/pulse when connected to a charger, and after a while will show it's charging because the battery was ran till dead. My advice if you're using a mobile phone charger, generic charger, or computer usb port is soon as you can power it on turn off the wifi and then turn off the screen (hold the power button till the screen goes dark) but if you have a 2.1 amp tablet charger you won't have to do either and can leave it as is since it can supply more power than the tablet is using (can't say that about the prior three). I posted a youtube video about this on another post.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Repaired my sister's grandson's Tab 3 which had the same problem, won't show it's charging, won't power on. You have to remove the back cover of the tablet and disconnect the battery cable from the circuit board, then reconnect it back, and put it on a charger. The display will flicker/pulse when connected to a charger, and after a while will show it's charging because the battery was ran till dead. My advice if you're using a mobile phone charger, generic charger, or computer usb port is soon as you can power it on turn off the wifi and then turn off the screen (hold the power button till the screen goes dark) but if you have a 2.1 amp tablet charger you won't have to do either and can leave it as is since it can supply more power than the tablet is using (can't say that about the prior three). I posted a youtube video about this on another post.

Thats terrible you have to do that each time it happens

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
This is strange indeed . I will make sure never let the battery run dry

LycanGeek

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If this happened to you, I may have a possible solution:

1) you let the battery die all the way
2) you are using a non-factory charger

I just went to Samsung website and the first thing they ask you to do is not try to charge with a non-factory charger.

Well, I went through my mountain of chargers and found the white travel charger that came with the tab 3, the moment I plugged it in, wammo, it started to show charging icon. Once I let it charge for a couple of minutes, which brought it to 5 percent charge, I switched to my multi port non-factory charger and it kept charging without any issues.

Lesson learned:

1) don't let your tab 3 drain all the way
2) if you do, you will need the original travel charger to bring it out of its charge coma.

Hope it helps...

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If this happened to you, I may have a possible solution:

1) you let the battery die all the way
2) you are using a non-factory charger

I just went to Samsung website and the first thing they ask you to do is not try to charge with a non-factory charger.

Well, I went through my mountain of chargers and found the white travel charger that came with the tab 3, the moment I plugged it in, wammo, it started to show charging icon. Once I let it charge for a couple of minutes, which brought it to 5 percent charge, I switched to my multi port non-factory charger and it kept charging without any issues.

Lesson learned:

1) don't let your tab 3 drain all the way
2) if you do, you will need the original travel charger to bring it out of its charge coma.

Hope it helps...

I dont have a travel charger?

Montythelab

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
...give me a break, when your kids forget to turn their tablets off, they no longer power up without special tricks. Geez... I don't own a travel charger for my kids' tablets. Am I SOL till I go buy one? ...Samsung blows