Samsung Tab 3 won't switch on..?!

miameowx

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
First, my Tab 3 is three months old, well I got it for Christmas.
Second, my tab isn't dead. It just wont turn on.
Before this happened, my tab used to do these weird crashes, so I turned it off and when you turn it on again it will go back to the screen you were on, not the lock screen (and it would still be frozen)
Yeah and this happened to me except for hours and when I woke up it now wont turn on! Plz help!!!
I hope i explained that well...

jasonr231

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung tab 3 wont switch on..?!

I have the same problems with my 3.0 tablet. The only way i have seemed to get it to work is to alternate between a usb connected to a computer and the wall mount. Let it charge for about 30 mins and try turning it on (hold power button for 10+ secs). If it doesn't work in one power source switch to the next power source. Eventually it turns on. Make sure the device is plugged into a power source when trying to turn it on. Its frustrating I know, but eventually I manage to get it booted up.

Please let me know if this works for anyone else...

jasonr231

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I tried wiggling the charger going into the tab while it was plugged up , a gray battery came on then it booted with 73% battery . Try it just might work.

Qua Nguyen

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I also had this issue with my Tab 3 and after reading everyone's reply, this is what I have concluded:
1. It is not broken, don't send it in for repairs, and don't even open the back.
2. If you let your Samsung Tab run completely dead it will not charge (I was attempting to charge it using the Samsung micro USB plugged to my power outlet cord.)
3. Use the Samsung AC adapter and have the micro USB plugged in it and then charge the Tab 3.
4. It will begin charging once you do all that, and once it is up and running you can charge the Tab 3 anyway you want it.

Hope this helps everyone.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
First, my Tab 3 is three months old, well I got it for Christmas.
Second, my tab isn't dead. It just wont turn on.
Before this happened, my tab used to do these weird crashes, so I turned it off and when you turn it on again it will go back to the screen you were on, not the lock screen (and it would still be frozen)
Yeah and this happened to me except for hours and when I woke up it now wont turn on! Plz help!!!
I hope i explained that well...

You haven't actually turned it off in three months then?

Repair Factory

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
We operate a repair shop and this is what i've seen with these devices.

Once they are completely dead the following order of operations is called for.

1. Find your Samsung charger, if you don't have one locate all your chargers, check the part on the bottom that says "output" 5V 400mah/.7amp/2.1amp. As people have mentioned before the last part for millamps or amps is mostly the critical part it's how much power can be pushed into the device. It appears that once the device is fully drained it doesn't like the larger 2amp chargers.
2. Turn on some barry white and turn the lights down low, this is where the magic comes from
3. If the screen flickers at all leave the device for a bit, if you don't see a flicker when connecting, move onto the next adapter. Eventually you'll find one that will bring it back, we've had success with Motorola 400mah chargers, then lg 700mah chargers bringing these devices back.
4. If you get nothing and you've given a good shot at the various chargers you and your friend have then pull the cover off and disconnect the battery, repeat steps 1 - 3, if you're at your friends explain that Barry White smooth smooth loving voice helps put the Samsung devices at ease. They play it the factory during manufacture you know.
5. If after reconnecting and trying the various chargers you still can't get a flicker then take the battery, put it in a ziplock bag and chill it for a few hours.
6. Repeat steps 1 - 4, replace Barry White with Zeppelin.

David Vogt

May 11, 2014
Visit site
We operate a repair shop and this is what i've seen with these devices.

Once they are completely dead the following order of operations is called for.

1. Find your Samsung charger, if you don't have one locate all your chargers, check the part on the bottom that says "output" 5V 400mah/.7amp/2.1amp. As people have mentioned before the last part for millamps or amps is mostly the critical part it's how much power can be pushed into the device. It appears that once the device is fully drained it doesn't like the larger 2amp chargers.
2. Turn on some barry white and turn the lights down low, this is where the magic comes from
3. If the screen flickers at all leave the device for a bit, if you don't see a flicker when connecting, move onto the next adapter. Eventually you'll find one that will bring it back, we've had success with Motorola 400mah chargers, then lg 700mah chargers bringing these devices back.
4. If you get nothing and you've given a good shot at the various chargers you and your friend have then pull the cover off and disconnect the battery, repeat steps 1 - 3, if you're at your friends explain that Barry White smooth smooth loving voice helps put the Samsung devices at ease. They play it the factory during manufacture you know.
5. If after reconnecting and trying the various chargers you still can't get a flicker then take the battery, put it in a ziplock bag and chill it for a few hours.
6. Repeat steps 1 - 4, replace Barry White with Zeppelin.

Okies, great advice, but mine needed the cover off and the battery unplugged and plugged back in, while mine was unplugged though I connected the charger and the device actually turned on finally, I then disconnected the charger and reconnected the battery, put the unit together and it is operational now. The cover is really easy to get off too, the battery is the only thing that really takes some prying to get disconnected, if you don't have the tools to remove the cover, a shoppers card can work too, heres a YouTube link on how to change the battery How to Replace Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Battery - YouTube
Blessed Be

emmaelmo

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem before and i just took your advice.. It has started working!! Thankyou! It really helped :) People need too try this.. I used my original charger and plugged it into my laptop for 10 mins. It showed a battery loading kind of symbol and now its charging :D:D

kurdish-king

May 14, 2014
Visit site
this problem dose in all samsung tablets !!!
and there is an easy solution ;-)
just plug original charger , open back cover your tablet and unplug sucket battry from board and put it again ! now see screen ... you can see that your tablet ON ! and start charging ;-) Goodluck

lynxsrevenge

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Dont know if this has ben covered yet guys,but the sgt3 isnt the only tablet with this problem. Its not an update fix or anything else. When the battery gets to low the tablet shuts itself down,we all know this. What you may not know is that even though the battery is dead the motherboard of the tablet will still have a charge. I cannot remember why this stops it from charging but that is why you have to disconnect the battery from the tablet so the motherboard will discharge. Hook it back up and it should charge up fine. my daughters sgt3 lite and my bro in laws asus tablet have both done this... its a common problem with tablets and newer phones (not EVERY tablet and phone,but a lot of them)

slz22

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue only i was trying to charge it via USB, i plugged it into the wall, and bam...started working. I realize this post is old, and i haven't read through all the posts, but wanted to give a heads up to people having the issue, if your not using the wall outlet to charge, give that a try.

David Mah

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung tab 3 wont switch on..?!

I'm so frustrated. I bough the device for my son and gave it to him before we left on the 24th Dec, booted fine and charged it once again after that.since then it just wouldn't charge again. i tried:
charging with original charger
other chargers (that i know works because i charged my daughters kindle)
holding down power button (tried 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 second
folding down power button and volume down button

this is so disappointing as i just recently made the leap from my trusted apple products.

Trusted Apple Product?.. this 'battery coma' also happened to my Ipad2, just one week before it happened to my wife's Tab 3.. had to hold down the Ipad2's power and menu button silmutaneously for 10 seconds.. personally I don't trust any tablets or smartphones.. I got my Ipad2 as a chiristmas present and let my 2 sons (4 and 3 years old) play with it.. they inadvertly drained the batteries fully once too often..

Loline

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Happened to me. I first charged it when I was abroad so plugged the USB cable provided into another charger that fitted the wall plug. It died and I didn't understand why. Well that's because as said above, I needed to plug the travel charger, both the cable AND the charger provided. into an adaptor for it to work.
Hope that makes sense.

Dougie Lewis

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
A couple days ago I let my battery completely drain and then I charged it overnight as I slept. It wouldn't turn on when I woke up in the morning. It wouldn't even take a charge. I read online that you need to disconnect the battery, but the wires are soldered so you can't disconnect it. DO NOT TAKE THE BACK OFF OF THE TABLET. That may seem common sense, but I took it apart anyways.
Anyways, it's been a couple days and I called Samsung. I'm in Canada so I went to:
Contact us - Samsung
for the contact info.
They told me to plug it back in and it started charging again.
I COMPLETELY recommend calling Samsung. I made the mistake of trying to fix it myself, but found out that the battery doesn't disconnect. So you would have to re-solder the wires if it was disconnected. Not to mention, I wrecked the aesthetics of the case taking the back off.
Either wait a day and try plugging it back in, or call Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d