Samsung Tab 3 won't switch on..?!

locdog398

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
This method worked for me. I unplugged the battery cable and plugged it back in. Then I put it on the charger. After about 30 minutes it showed charging again. I left it on the charger overnight and in the morning the unit showed 100% charge. It is back up and running now.

Multi_Purpura

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" Kids was off, not charging, not turning on, held the power button for 30 seconds, no luck, :mad: READ the comment about using the FACTORY CHARGER - BAM!!!! instantly turned on to charge. so I guess that's part of it, I thought the battery had life but it must have died over night, any way, hopefully it will charge now. Definitely suggest the FACTORY CHARGER option first. :confused:

techman300

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
1: Have tablet and the 2.1 amp charger with you.
2: Do not connect the charger to the device or wall socket.
3: Without charger, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
4. Just in case, if device starts to turn on, release power button. It normally won't on this step.
5. Then connect the charger to the tablet first and then into a working wall socket. No power-stripe, or extension cords. Wall Socket only.
6: Don't press any buttons on the tablet. Within 60 seconds the battery indicator light should come on.
7: If you see the battery charging indicator light, leave tablet connected for at least 3 minutes before trying to boot the tablet on.
8: Now after 3 minutes of charging, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds or until device starts to boot on.
9: Normally it takes about 15 seconds holding the power button but it could take up to 60 but not likely.
10: As soon as the device starts turning on release the power button immediately. Device should boot into Android OS.
11: If you notice that your Tablet is still not keeping a charge or starts turning itself off, a factory reset should been done.
12: Remember to make sure you sync your accounts and backup data if you choose too.
13: Then Go to settings and backup and reset and Make Sure you uncheck the Automatic Restore Box.
14: If the issue that is causing the power issues is within an app then you will just restore that issue back on to your device.
15: Then tap factory reset, reset device and ok to delete all data.

This should help you out tremendously.

Leslie Jasmine

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Repaired my sister's grandson's Tab 3 which had the same problem, won't show it's charging, won't power on. You have to remove the back cover of the tablet and disconnect the battery cable from the circuit board, then reconnect it back, and put it on a charger. The display will flicker/pulse when connected to a charger, and after a while will show it's charging because the battery was ran till dead. My advice if you're using a mobile phone charger, generic charger, or computer usb port is soon as you can power it on turn off the wifi and then turn off the screen (hold the power button till the screen goes dark) but if you have a 2.1 amp tablet charger you won't have to do either and can leave it as is since it can supply more power than the tablet is using (can't say that about the prior three). I posted a youtube video about this on another post.

Yes yes yes thank you!!!

MJO612

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
None of this stuff has worked on my son's tablet. I've had it on the orginal charger for the last 5 hours and won't turn on at all. good thing I bought the warranty. It isn't even a year old.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Using the advice on the other thread on here about 'not turning on' I cured my sisters tab 3.8.0 by holding the on button and the home button for 15 seconds and bingo it all sprung into life. It had 26% of battery charge so plugged in charger and it charged ok. Try this before removing the case, it worked for me, and many others it seems.

Posted via Android Central App

tommyauvergne

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Same ptoblem here.
I got a Galaxy tab 3 last October and love the device. However, charged it last night and it wouldn't charge. Plugged in the wall charger and the USB but neither worked. Normally you get the animaton and a beep when the device is off but don't even get that. Turned the device on and even 'on' it doesn't recognise it's plugged in. Tried the cable with different phones etc works ok. Tried different cables that I know work on the tab and it doesn't charge with any. I can't even get to the battery animation screen.

So. Google is your friend. I've spent the last few hours turning off and on the tab with combinations of power button 10 20 30 60 seconds with volume up and down etc. Finger on/off screen. Blah blah blah. The funny thing is, even when other users with similar problems have rebooted, they hold down the power button and the device resets the battery. When I do the same it just continuously tries to boot.
Even tried a factory reset but didn't do much good. Only got 18% left now so Ive turned it off.
Has anyone had the same problems and found a fix or should I panic?
FYI updated to kitkat recently and the device has since been slow.

Thanks for any help

Posted via Android Central App

Gltaylor70

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I am so pissed off with this kids tablet. I've had 3 different Samsung phones which have all been great. My Mum had the 10" Galaxy tab and has had no problems whatsoever with it. But this bloody kids tab has been **** right from the start. It was constantly freezing, the kids mode was frequently stuffing up and now this issue. I don't even have the original charger. I'm borrowing one tomorrow to see if that works. If it has to go back to Samsung it will take weeks. My son loves his tablet and wants to play with it every day. It's bad enough he hasn't been able to play with it for one day let alone if it's sent back to manufacturer for weeks. Given my time again I would NOT buy the kids tablet again, I would just buy the regular one. It's all a big con to get you to spend more money. They are not any different to the regular tablets, they just have the kids mode built in. They are in fact much more temprementle and are less sturdy and durable. Considering they are a "children's tablet", I think it's pretty crap. NOT HAPPY!

Kyle Cahill

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
FIXED!

The way to fix this is to remove the case, unplug the battery from the motherboard, and the plug it back in. Then plug your device into the wall and turn it on. If you need help with removing the case or removing the battery from the motherboard, please refer to youtube.

Bcase27

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: FIXED!

I just bought a Tab 3 off Ebay and it will not turn on. I've tried unplugging the battery from the motherboard several times. All it will do is bring up the Galaxy Tab logo, turn off, bring up the logo again, and then turn off again. Pressing the power button does nothing.

Any ideas?

Alex Simlett

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I had a similar problem and it was solved by using the original mains charger.
The USB ports on my PC and the Amazon Kindle plug obviously didn't have the juice.

4stuffs

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
To Fix That (Trust Me This Happend To Me And I Sobbed) Just Holed Down The On/Off Button Till It Turns On (Sorry For No Exact Time) And Then It Shoud Say ''Samsung Galaxy Tab 3''
Sorry For No Exact Time But I Hope This Will Help (Mine Took Bout 1 Min)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej