Why is the screen off while in the charging dock?

AdamBaron

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought I would get an always-on nightstand clock while charging in the dock like I did with my moto 360. Am I missing something?

thestellarinc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Isn't burn in not really an issue on amoled screens? My gear s displayed the time while charging and I never had burn in. It would be nice if samsung updated the watch to atleast let it be an option.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if the gear 2 and gear s2 have the same type of screen but if they do I can absolutely guarantee burn in is an issue. Maybe not for watch hands in motion but anything static. I have 3 shortcut icons burned into my watch screen that I can see pretty clearly.

Nightdiff

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if the gear 2 and gear s2 have the same type of screen but if they do I can absolutely guarantee burn in is an issue. Maybe not for watch hands in motion but anything static. I have 3 shortcut icons burned into my watch screen that I can see pretty clearly.

Do you think burn in can happen with the I'm alive app?

Posted via the Android Central App

deadonred

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
You can use "I am alive" app to keep the watch face on and a watch face like "Bedside Night Table Charging" watch face to minimize burn in. The dots for the hours move around to different pixels.