Going to 4.3 from 4.1.2

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Currently I am on 4.1.2 and I am rooted and I have my phone set up to write to verizon prl. Does anyone know if that will disappear if i update to 4.3? i get no service in my building at work and i alway jump on verizons network m-f at my job.

thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Assuming you're using a custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc.), the OTA will fail to run, and shouldn't make any changes. If it did somehow run, it would certainly remove that capability.

If you really want 4.3, I would suggest installing the pre-rooted ROM available on XDA, along with the MK3 modem and deknoxed MK3 kernel:

ROM: [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers
Modem: [MODEM][FLASHABLE] MK3 Sprint Modem - xda-developers
Stock Kernel (no Knox): Dev-Host - stock_kernel_mk3.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
modded kernel: [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr - 12/13/13 - xda-developers

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you're using a custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, etc.), the OTA will fail to run, and shouldn't make any changes. If it did somehow run, it would certainly remove that capability.

If you really want 4.3, I would suggest installing the pre-rooted ROM available on XDA, along with the MK3 modem and deknoxed MK3 kernel:

ROM: [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers
Modem: [MODEM][FLASHABLE] MK3 Sprint Modem - xda-developers
Stock Kernel (no Knox): Dev-Host - stock_kernel_mk3.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
modded kernel: [KERNEL][4.3/4.4/TW4.1/TW4.3] dkp - d2spr - 12/13/13 - xda-developers

I wish i was a little more knowledgable when it came to these things, but from what i gather is that it will not work. i am currently on MD4 so i will have to find an enable prl for the for the mk3 modem. right?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That is a good question, I'm honestly not sure. Sorry.

Unless you have a compelling reason to upgrade, maybe staying on 4.1.2 for the time being is the best bet.

Tanabe21

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
That is a good question, I'm honestly not sure. Sorry.

Unless you have a compelling reason to upgrade, maybe staying on 4.1.2 for the time being is the best bet.

Thanks for the reply definitely no need to apologize. You definitely have more knowledge about this than I do. I will just stay on 4.1.2

Mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila