lay flat

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I wanted to see if the lg g2 would lay flat in the store but because they cement them on to those ridiculous contraptions I could not. Does it lay flat given the buttons on the back? I use my phone a lot on my desk and want it to lay flat. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I wanted to see if the lg g2 would lay flat in the store but because they cement them on to those ridiculous contraptions I could not. Does it lay flat given the buttons on the back? I use my phone a lot on my desk and want it to lay flat. Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
I don't have the device myself, but if you are going to put a case on it, I would guess it would lay flat then. The back doesn't seem curved or anything so it shouldn't rock slightly like the HTC One or Moto X.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi

It does not lay flat but it does not rock or feel unstable either, unless you push on top corners, then it will wobble.
It is rested on the little piece around the power button. It doesn't actually lay on top of power button either so when you push on the phone it won't press on buttons or camera. I'd say it is not worse than any other phoen that's not completely flat, and there isn't anyhting like that so far except maybe iPhone and Z10.

I think you definitely need a case if you are leaving your phone on a store counters, something that will be anti-slip or that sort of case.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. I was primarily concerned about installing the screen protector. It must be harder if the phone does not lay flat.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. I was primarily concerned about installing the screen protector. It must be harder if the phone does not lay flat.

You mentioned buttons on the back but bow you are talking about screen protector. Protector has nothing to do with back.

Sent from my LG-D800

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the Poetic Palette case on Amazon for like 9 bucks. It is super slim and allows the phone to lay flat on it's back or face down without interfering with any of the buttons.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the Poetic Palette case on Amazon for like 9 bucks. It is super slim and allows the phone to lay flat on it's back or face down without interfering with any of the buttons.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Almost all cases will allow that, the only problem with Poetic is that it's missing top and bottom bezel protection.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to make sure it lays flat when I install the screen protector, and does not rock or wobble.
Don't worry, it won't wobble enough to impact screen protector application. Worst case you can just put it on top of something soft like a folder pillowcase or t-shirt or something, but honestly don;t worry about that, just go ahead and install, get a pack of 3 protectors on amazon for $5 and you are all good. :)

I went with Obliq and aside from having a fingers made of butter with oil all over the place, they are very good and clean. I really hated "anti grease" screen protectors, they blocked a lot of the details and made it like frozen layer on top of glass.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress