4.3 V2?

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I just received the update, my phone is not rooted, however I have the teamwin bootloader. when I clicked update it rebooted my phjone and just sits at the teamwin logo, nothing ever comes up, if I turn it off and on just goes back to system restore and the teamwin splashscreen, sort feel like i f'd up my phone. Any help please.

**EDIT**
ok I was imptaient, let it sit at the splashscreen for around 15 minutes and the bootloader screen finally appeared, I was able to click reboot and everything came back up? weird

From everything I have read, you can't accept an update unless you have the stock bootloader, are not rooted, and have not modified any system files. Perhaps the update didn't like the teamwin bootloader.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be some confusion. First, you must be on stock recovery. Twrp or cwm recovery will NOT work for an ota update. Second you can't modify any system files that the update asserts on or the update will fail the assertion checks. And finally, I hear people say you can't be rooted all the time but this is incorrect. The update won't care at all if you're rooted. You will lose root because the permissions on the su binary change after the update installs, but having su will not cause an update to fail. It's what people do with root that causes problems, and just removing root won't solve that problem. There are two ways to go about it if you have modified your system. You have to return everything back to stock (system and recovery partitions) manually or you can download an mh5 odin image and just flash that to do the upgrade. I posted one on xda. I can post the link a bit later if people need it. I also have an odin flashable recovery image so people on custom recovery can return to stock recovery to take the ota. If this will help people I'll toss a link up here in a bit.

Carved in blood by a wakizashi...

Shalin Ahuja1

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you please explain me how to get my phone back to normal with over the air updates working. I rooted by phone and modified platform.xml and now it wont update. I have not done anything else on the phone. Can i just flash the Stock Rom and be back to normal?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Wait... Need more information. As far as I understand the platform xml change didn't trigger an assertion failure. So when you say it won't update I think I need more specifics. My odin image will certainly work but it'd be better to understand why the update isn't working so we can try to fix that and give you the power to fix issues like this going forward.

Shalin Ahuja1

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for the response, I really appreciate it. I had rooted the phone and then edited to platform.xml to allow access to write to SD card. Thats pretty much all I did when i rooted my phone. I had updated from 4.2.2 without any problem however when i did the recent update of 16.6 mb, during the installation process i get the android guy and a messsage saying "error", the phone reboots and starts normally. I then tried to unedit platform.xml and also did unroot through superSU but then again i got the same error. Was quite happy with my stock android phone so any help to get it back to normal would be great. Also did a factory reset and that didnt work.

Thanks again

Wait... Need more information. As far as I understand the platform xml change didn't trigger an assertion failure. So when you say it won't update I think I need more specifics. My odin image will certainly work but it'd be better to understand why the update isn't working so we can try to fix that and give you the power to fix issues like this going forward.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, you'd have to install the update manually to see what it's failing on. At this point, I'd just get the full ODIN image and flash that and be done with it.

Shalin Ahuja

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ill do that, which odin image do you recommend. also after this will i be able to update normally? ure awesome by the way

Well, you'd have to install the update manually to see what it's failing on. At this point, I'd just get the full ODIN image and flash that and be done with it.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I linked to my ODIN thread on XDA a page back. Use the full rooted restore image. That will get you on MH5 fully stock and rooted and will allow you to update going forward.