A few question about my new S5 from a die hard Apple guy......

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
It's still very frustrating getting use to typing on a larger keyboard. It's been a few weeks and I still miss spell just about every single word I type!! I also haven't found the perfect keyboard. Any suggestions? I've used Google and Swiftkey. I could also use suggestions on a better email app. I don't care for having 2 separate inboxes for gmail and my 2 yahoo accounts. I would like them all in one.

I am liking this phone more and more. I got 18 hours out of one battery yesterday......

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's still very frustrating getting use to typing on a larger keyboard. It's been a few weeks and I still miss spell just about every single word I type!! I also haven't found the perfect keyboard. Any suggestions? I've used Google and Swiftkey. I could also use suggestions on a better email app. I don't care for having 2 separate inboxes for gmail and my 2 yahoo accounts. I would like them all in one.

I am liking this phone more and more. I got 18 hours out of one battery yesterday......

Are you talking about landscape or portrait texting? I use Swift Key and have it set up so that in landscape mode, I have the arrow keys in the middle, which makes thumb typing much easier. I would just give it some more time. In portrait mode, two hand typing is pretty comfortable with the normal layout. I couldn't even type with two hands in portrait mode on my iPhones because my hands are too big.

I don't use the garbage email app or gmail app. I use Aquamail. You can download it for free. It has tons of options, supports IMAP push and is a very great app. The only thing with the free version is you are limited to 2 email accounts and it will put a signature in your emails. Something like "sent from Aquamail app." I bought the full version and love it. Aquamail has a smart folder so all your emails will go into one if you like. I have my work email, yahoo and gmail accounts all through the Aquamail app and it works great.

Others here will suggest Blue Mail or K9. I haven't tried Blue but I liked Aquamail over K9.

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'll give aquamail a try. I don't mind paying for apps at all. As long as they are worth it.

I never use landscape mode other than to view video and pictures. I only use portrait.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have enough posts to insert a link but if you google "can gmail fetch yahoo mail" and check out the first hit on the website email.about.com. This is what I do and I think it works pretty well, although I use it to fetch Roadrunner Pop accounts instead of Yahoo.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll give aquamail a try. I don't mind paying for apps at all. As long as they are worth it.

I never use landscape mode other than to view video and pictures. I only use portrait.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
So are you having trouble with one handed texting then? I think the first step in deciding what keyboard to use is to determine what you are having difficulty with. I don't much like one handed texting and I do think these phones are a little big for one handed texting. Some folks are really good at swipe texting but I don't really like it and find it to be a bit inaccurate. I'm a total freak about grammar, spelling and punctuation, even if I'm texting so it's not ideal for me. I like to go at it with my thumbs in landscape mode. You could try compact mode in SwiftKey if you are finding that you are reaching too much.

I definitely feel that Aquamail is worth it but you can try the free version first. I'm pretty sure you'll have access to all the settings but will have the annoying signature and the 2 account limit.

Zime92

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry maybe I'm a little slow could you please explain to me step by step and maybe with screen shots how to save pictures from the internet using S5 please have been trying for a while

Posted via the Android Central App

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Should just be able to hold down on picture and box will pop up asking you what you want to do with it, and tap save

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
So are you having trouble with one handed texting then? I think the first step in deciding what keyboard to use is to determine what you are having difficulty with. I don't much like one handed texting and I do think these phones are a little big for one handed texting. Some folks are really good at swipe texting but I don't really like it and find it to be a bit inaccurate. I'm a total freak about grammar, spelling and punctuation, even if I'm texting so it's not ideal for me. I like to go at it with my thumbs in landscape mode. You could try compact mode in SwiftKey if you are finding that you are reaching too much.

I definitely feel that Aquamail is worth it but you can try the free version first. I'm pretty sure you'll have access to all the settings but will have the annoying signature and the 2 account limit.

I finally found a keyboard I like. Kii keyboard. Works exactly like I want it to. Makes a world of difference for me. Thanks again to everyone for the help. It is making the transmission much easier. I have to admit, I'm not sure how long it will last. Still missing my iPhone.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Once an isheep always an isheep eh :) I'm joking! I used to use iphones a lot, never again ever since the S3 and then jellybean was launched. Horses for courses, personal choice and preference, it's what makes using a smartphone such a joy to own.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe