Amazon...backordered

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Long time Lurker,

So I purchased a note 2 from Amazon on the 24th for $199 (Sprint), and I got the backordered status. It won't ship until Jan 2013 :(. I talked to customer care and the agent told me that usually it ships much earlier than that, they just added that date to be safe. Does anyone know when they usually ship? Since Amazon doesn't take the money until their items ship, I was looking somewhere else to buy the phone for the same price or close to it, but every other website is out of stock as well. Should I just stick with Amazon? Thanks in advance

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Does Amazon utilize Simplexity? Companies that partner with Simplexity such as Walmart, Wirefly & Newegg have updated their back ordered status to shipping in 2 or 3 days. My phone has actually shipped today from Wirefly and I read on another forum that a user who went through Walmart has shipped as well. I don't know if their prices are as low as Amazon but you should check them out. I did read someone that Walmart was offering a $100 gift card for a GN2 at a cost of $299 not sure if their still offering it though....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Long time Lurker,

So I purchased a note 2 from Amazon on the 24th for $199 (Sprint), and I got the backordered status. It won't ship until Jan 2013 :(. I talked to customer care and the agent told me that usually it ships much earlier than that, they just added that date to be safe. Does anyone know when they usually ship? Since Amazon doesn't take the money until their items ship, I was looking somewhere else to buy the phone for the same price or close to it, but every other website is out of stock as well. Should I just stick with Amazon? Thanks in advance

I have ordered many times from amazon and that's how they do their dates. It says one thing but it's a lot faster. Only problem I see is that this phone is very hot right now and even best buy is having problems keeping it on stock let alone get any in the store. I would keep an eye on it and if you get no info regarding shipping just cancel and have best buy price match amazon. Right now they are matching online retailers till after the holidays.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yea I saw newegg has 2-3 days, n although wirefly has it as well above it, it says ships when available. But since it's being ship, Amazon may get their stock by the weekend or next week. I'll just be a little more patient, but I'm going to call Best Buy Tomorrow.

Raven Bowen

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy told me that they will not price match Amazon when an item is back ordered. I've heard that when Amazon gets the item back in stock after the holiday season that the price will go up again. I also ordered my Galaxy Note 2 from Amazon and hope to get it a lot sooner than Jan 2013.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
lol, I replied to your post in the other discussion. Like I mentioned, They Best Buy associate told me Thursday that he would price match it, since I would be wasting gas if I drove down there and they didnt honor it, I made sure he realized that my order was on backorder, he laughed and said "yes, however we would have to ship it to you, since your order from Amazon is being shipped. You can't just come in here and pick it up since you are price matching from Amazon." So this morning I was getting ready to drive down there, something told me to check my email, and viola, Amazon hipped my phone n i will get it Monday. So if you ordered yours around the same time as me (Nov 24th) you should be getting yours next week or after that, but definitely before Jan. ^_^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen