Anyone consider a Nexus 6P?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering what your thoughts are when comparing the 6P and S6E+.

I have the former but the latter won't stop calling my name. 😀

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
For me, no.
6P has No wireless charging, Samsung Pay, Image Stabilization and USB C still not standardized, Sammy camera is better in low light. 6P is just big enough to be too big.
Sammy brightness at 470 NITS vs. 6P 356.
The areas where the 6P excel are not important to me but they may be to others.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the 6p sold it and got the Galaxy S6 edge +

Honestly the edge + is a superior device. My 6p had horrible call quality and the screen is not on the same level as the Galaxy devices. The camera on the edge + is much better overall. Software though is smooth as butter on the 6p.

Unless you really want stock android the edge + is a better device

Posted via the Android Central App

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
For me, no.
6P has No wireless charging, Samsung Pay, Image Stabilization and USB C still not standardized, Sammy camera is better in low light. 6P is just big enough to be too big.
Sammy brightness at 470 NITS vs. 6P 356.
The areas where the 6P excel are not important to me but they may be to others.

Sorry, but this is a Samsung forum!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Considered, yes. But ultimately, the no Qi charging was a huge disappointment and the reason I didn't end up purchasing one.

Also, the fact that someone was able to bend it with their hands made me reconsider since I carry mine in my back pocket.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thx for the replies. I saw the S6E @ BB, looks really nice, but they didn't have the Plus.

I believe specs show screen size is the same as the 6P, but it sounds like the actual dimensions of the S6E+ are a bit smaller, right? Noticeable difference in hand?

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the replies. I saw the S6E @ BB, looks really nice, but they didn't have the Plus.

I believe specs show screen size is the same as the 6P, but it sounds like the actual dimensions of the S6E+ are a bit smaller, right? Noticeable difference in hand?

Yes it's smaller overall in the hand than the 6P. It's easier to hold

Reddzilla

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got my edge+ about a week ago. Totally love it, coworker has the 6p. Playing around with his phone and I still couldn't be happier with the edge+.

Very beautiful phone and definitely stands out.

GeneralDreedle

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I actually went through this very dilemma for the last two weeks, and decided on the Samsung.
For me it came down to the camera difference, the Samsung processor is supposed to be faster, and Samsung has committed to being up to date on security updates, in fact I just bought mine today and got the security updates for December. It's only been a day but I think I made the right choice.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
As a former owner of the Nexus 5, I was extremely disappointed when they dropped the wireless charging from their devices. That's one of the main reasons I could never drop the edge plus for the Nexus. Plus, let's be honest, the edge plus it's just so much better looking.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I actually went through this very dilemma for the last two weeks, and decided on the Samsung.
For me it came down to the camera difference, the Samsung processor is supposed to be faster, and Samsung has committed to being up to date on security updates, in fact I just bought mine today and got the security updates for December. It's only been a day but I think I made the right choice.

The only reason I considered switching to the 6P was the timeliness of security updates. I still don't see the promised security update field on mine, which is on AT&T. What network are you on?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6P, a Note 5 and a 6+ in the family. You can't go wrong with any of those choices. The grass always looks greener, but once you actually own several of these devices, it's sobering how similar they really are. It really comes down to small details and features that make the difference. They all perform like champs.

Last edited:

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I own both and will take the 6P any day. It just got everything right. Google hit a home run with this nexus.

Carraser23

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I had an s6 edge plus and tried the Nexus 6p. My s6 edge plus is currently collecting dust under my bed. Just not willing to give up no bloatware, no lag, and timely updates

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Still can't believe Google left out wireless charging...
And without a removable back there is no option for a wireless stick on.
Also, loving Samsung Pay...

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
No. Just got an Edge +, coming from a regular S6. Lack of wireless charging is a deal breaker for me.

I do wonder if I should have gone with a Note 5, as I feel the edge function is a little gimmicky, and I don't really use it. I wouldn't use the pen on the Note either, and I think the note is just a tad bigger and heavier, which is why I was leaning towards the Edge plus.

The Edge plus is great, though. Fast, plenty of space (I got the 64 gig version), and it looks great.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
@torbach1. I'm on Verizon.

I learned from AT&T today that the security updates that Samsung is doing are:
A. Not slowed down or controlled in any way by carriers.
B. Not associated with a traditional software update.
C. Done manually or automatically based on your settings in Lock Screen and Security/Other Security Settings/Security Policy Updates.

Based on that, since I have mine on auto, I believe I'm on the latest. Overall, while I haven't played with the 6P, and I do think it's a great phone, the S6 Edge+ as long as these update are coming is for me a better choice for the same reasons others here have stated.

I have a kid, and for me OIS in particular is a glaring omission for video recording of my kid figure skating. The video camera on the Sammy is also superb in terms of auto-focus, making videos a pleasure. I switched from a Nexus 6 to Samsung because of this issue primarily. Now that I'm on the Sammy, I'm loving Samsung Pay and the screen, and a few other features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz