Anyone else having issues with email notifications

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I have tried setting up Gmail as IMAP and played with different settings for about a week now and still have the same issue. I have contacted both Google and Samsung about this to no real answer or help. For now I'm giving up as I have spent way too much time on attempting to get this resolved. Using Outlook instead as it has zero issues with notifications. Thanks again for everyone's help and time. If I figure this out or hear anything more I'll keep this updated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have tried setting up Gmail as IMAP and played with different settings for about a week now and still have the same issue. I have contacted both Google and Samsung about this to no real answer or help. For now I'm giving up as I have spent way too much time on attempting to get this resolved. Using Outlook instead as it has zero issues with notifications. Thanks again for everyone's help and time. If I figure this out or hear anything more I'll keep this updated.
I don't blame you :(
Definitely keep us posted if you get around fixing this .

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I use Blue mail and don't or have not experienced any of these issues. Everything comes over push for me and I only keep this app running in the background and have mostly everything else toggled off on my phone. I know it's a pain but you might want to try out different email

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I use Blue mail and don't or have not experienced any of these issues. Everything comes over push for me and I only keep this app running in the background and have mostly everything else toggled off on my phone. I know it's a pain but you might want to try out different email

I've switched to outlook for the time being

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Gmail is the only app that doesn't notify me properly, all my other notifications work perfectly.

Not me. :( Gmail, eBay, PayPal, Banking apps all fail to produce instant notifications on my S21 Ultra & Tab S6.

My Note 20 Ultra did the same thing, no notifications until you actually turned on the screen.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've switched to outlook for the time being
Yeah I have also switched to Outlook and Gmail instant notifications has been hit or miss for me on all my Android phones. Works perfect on my iPhone. Though honestly it was like that for quite sometime for me on Android phones but never actually bothered since I didn't care Gmail notifications came immediately. It's my personal email so there isn't anything that needs immediate attention.

For now, I have switched to Outlook on both iOS and Android just to try something different. Notifications do come instantly without any issues on Outlook.

I don't know if turning on high priority notifications only or something like that messes up with the instant notifications since I did have that on when asked in the Gmail app. Anyway, Outlook for now.