Anyone else having issues with email notifications

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Something else you can try is locking that app so it does not stop in the back ground by pressing the 3 lines on bottom of phone when on your phone home page. Do not press close all yet, first find the Gmail app and press & hold until a lock symbol shows up in the lower right. Then you can press close all and all apps except Gmail will close.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Something else you can try is locking that app so it does not stop in the back ground by pressing the 3 lines on bottom of phone when on your phone home page. Do not press close all yet, first find the Gmail app and press & hold until a lock symbol shows up in the lower right. Then you can press close all and all apps except Gmail will close.
Yeah in recent app long press the Gmail app icon and choose keep open

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Maybe this is my problem, I'm a fanatic for closing apps.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

I will also give that a go, thanks

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that keeping the app open and locked open makes no difference at all with getting instant notifications. :(

Back to the drawing board..........

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I've had better luck getting notifications now that I turned off battery optimization for AOD. Still not 100%, but around 90%. Go to settings, apps, always on display, go to battery and change it to not optimize battery. Also make sure you have toggled to allow background activity. Hope this helps others as well.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had better luck getting notifications now that I turned off battery optimization for AOD. Still not 100%, but around 90%. Go to settings, apps, always on display, go to battery and change it to not optimize battery. Also make sure you have toggled to allow background activity. Hope this helps others as well.

You might be on to something here, mine was set to optimize battery.

Revak

Mar 31, 2021
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my S21 Ultra.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Lock the phone.
2. Put it on the table, and make sure it is not in charging and don't move the phone.
3. Make sure there are no other notifications during the period.
4. Wait 30 minutes and send a test mail.
5. Email will arrive within 20 minutes

Please report to Samsung members. :(

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Steps to reproduce:
1. Lock the phone.
2. Put it on the table, and make sure it is not in charging and don't move the phone.

Hi, welcome to AC !

Yeah that's what we trying to figure out here, some say it been that way from older Samsung to the s21

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Steps to reproduce:
1. Lock the phone.

Welcome to the delayed notification club :-\

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My Tab S6 has the same problem and it's still on Android 10.

Funny how the Gmail/Google apps work perfect on the iPhone but fail miserably on Android.

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I noticed something interesting today. My Pixel 4 XL also has delayed notifications. They're not as bad as my Samsung phones though. My iPhone 12 Pro Max gets notifications instantly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos