Anyone else having issues with email notifications

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't figured out why Gmail won't work in a timely manner for lock screen notifications. I created an Outlook account and it's has zero issues for notifications. Definitely something with Gmail. I've noticed that if the phone is charging the notifications come pretty much right away for Gmail. Now I just need to figure out what is messing it up when not charging

This is the million dollar question ?????? And it's not only Gmail, most other apps are doing the same thing.

Been pulling my hair out over this problem for quite a while now. ??????

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Yeah still not working properly with Gmail no matter what I've done so far. Just going to use an Outlook email as I have zero issues with that. Will still keep looking for a way to make Gmail notifications work. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. I will keep updating on my progress.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah still not working properly with Gmail no matter what I've done so far. Just going to use an Outlook email as I have zero issues with that. Will still keep looking for a way to make Gmail notifications work. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. I will keep updating on my progress.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sure wish we could find a fix for this nightmare.

Have a Tab S6 and it does the same thing.

I believe this is widespread, most just don't care about instant notifications.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So out of "Optimize battery usage" or "Never sleeping apps" which is the better one to select?

You can only select one or the other but not both.