Are we really all getting 10 next Tuesday?

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Quick question, if I'm on the beta for 10 do I have to do anything to get the final release?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Oh man I hope it's ready to go...... I hate os upgrades, it always involves bugs and a factory reset to get the phone working right again. Android 9 is working perfectly, and I really don't want to have to do a factory reset :-(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh man I hope it's ready to go...... I hate os upgrades, it always involves bugs and a factory reset to get the phone working right again. Android 9 is working perfectly, and I really don't want to have to do a factory reset :-(

In another thread, someone mentioned that on the Q beta, there was no RAM management jankiness that has been a common complaint on the Pixel 3, so hopefully the engineers figured that part out!

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I hope it is ready too. I use my device for work and it could take me literally days to get everything back if I had to reset.

On a positive note, I've never had a problem with updates so far. I go back many years with smartphones to the old Droid Charge and have never once done a factory reset on any device for an update. The only time I've ever done a reset is at the end of my ownership of the device such as selling it or trading in just to wipe my personal data.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Not only have released OSs worked well for me, I've always been surprised at how well betas run. I jumped ship on beta 1 but got back in with beta 3 and didn't have any major problems.

For those who don't want a new OS, I don't think you have to go for it.

If you don't want new Android operating systems, buy a Samsung and let the Android 10 have a year or so of testing in the wild before you get it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I don't think I've ever had to do a factory reset for any Nexus or Pixel phone after an update.

To be fair, I've never had an OTA os upgrade on a pixel before, I upgraded to 9 out of the box, and factory reset before I started using it. But I haven't had a single problem with any of the monthly updates, phones been working flawlessly since I bought it :-D

So you guys are right, I need to give my pixel a chance and stop comparing it to my Moto and windows phones. I bought it because of the pure Android experience straight from Google, and the smooth regular updates... and so far it hasn't let me down. It's been by far the best phone I've ever owned, and I'll definitely be owning pixels from now on (and maybe a note 10/11/? thanks mustang lol).

JSacco

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry where OS updated would come rather late, I'm excited to say that I'll be first in line for Android 10. Just another reason why I'm loving the switch to the Pixel 3XL.

Looking forward to the update!

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry where OS updated would come rather late, I'm excited to say that I'll be first in line for Android 10. Just another reason why I'm loving the switch to the Pixel 3XL.

Looking forward to the update!

Me too. Getting the newest software very early is a big plus. Even if there's an odd hitch which is usually sorted out quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao