Beyond Fed Up with Seidio

elder_shawn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've bought several products for my Treo, Pre, and new Evo from Seidio and had a few issues with some, but the customer service was always great and resolved my issue.

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I am not going to knock Seidio yet, I have a first generation case and it is rediculously loose, I keep putting electrical tape on the inside to tighten it up. They are trying to help me correct this problem now, although they are dragging their feet doing it. My complaint is did anyone else get the email about the Rugged case add on kit? Come on looking at the pics all it does is correct the problems with the Innocase II everywhere it grasps on is where the case is loose. You want me to spend another $20 to get a piece of plastic to go over my case to make it more rugged? And at the same time make it tighter to the phone. I'm not, I am going to hopefully get the generation II case and if it is better then great, if not then I am going to expect my money back on this inferior product and go with another product. BUT the bad mouthing will only get worse. Seidio for the most part makes good products but this is now 2 products I have bought from them that did not live up to expectations. I don't know how much more benefit of the doubt I can give them..

Spork1673

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
i had to RM my first 1. my 2nd fits better but is not flush in the back and has a 1/8 gape where the to parts connect im thinking about RMing this one too

Last edited:

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that's good customer service! When's the last time you've seen a company monitor forums and handle customer issues on the spot! Makes me want to get a Seidio case, but I hate cases in general. Good show guys!
lol, No it isn't.. Good customer service would have been to taken care of his request/issue on the very first call, not taking several calls with no end result, then have some random representative come on here and try and be a hero.

How much did they pay you to post this comment? lol

Last edited:

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
while my Innocase is a bit loose, it has saved my phone from TWO 4ft falls, not a scratch on the phone. Im not about to ***** about a little bit of play

Rtbar1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got two pl branded innocases on launch day. both loose, exchanged them for two new ones (rubberized, but felt only half way up) and they were still loose, so then I exchanged them again and this time got ones that were rubberized AND had the felt going all the way over the camera cut out, and mine fits like a glove, the other one however has a horrible clicking problem. It sort of seems like a crap shoot, when there good, there really good, but it seems they do have some QC issues to sort out

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Kamen, I just went through the return process, as I sent back the replacement Innocase II that was still loose (the replacement they sent me was the same as the original....no added felt and no rubberized coating on the inside).

Expect to see a refund 2 weeks after they receive the returned cases. They received the case on July 2, I received an email on July 14 that they were issuing the refund.....and the credit showed up yesterday, July 16.

Just wanted to let you know that it is a bit of a slow process.

By the way, I did order and receive the Seidio Active & holster. For the few days I've had it, it seems to be a very good case/holster combo.

When I talked to them initially on the phone I stated that was a concern as well and she assured me as soon as they get the cases back they issue the refund so I should have it within two days after they get them. I doubt it, but we'll see.

I'm still waiting for my refund. 2 weeks and counting.

Took them 22 days for the refund on my Innocase II. I had went thru 3 replacements. They wouldn't let me put the monies towards a Active case. Makes not sense to not allow you to return and have a credit towards another purchase.

They are replacing my Active now because of the rubberized material coming off. I'm done with them and I will melt the Active case down once Otterbox comes out with their line of cases.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Though I am thankful the rep from Seidio was more helpful on here, I have to agree with what the others said. Quality customer service is not jerking me around for close to a month to get something as stupid as a shipping label to get a refund. Quality customer service is apologizing for the issue and doing everything in ones power to rectify it or at the very least making sure the customer gets a prompt refund in hopes for return or word of mouth business.

Like I said before, this company even if they turn things around and become the top in their industry will never get a single dime from me ever again. And I will make sure I let others know of the horrible experiences I have had to prevent them from going through the same thing.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Kamen said:
To SeidioSeidio, unless you are able to do something to compensate for all of the problems I have had with your company, there's not much you can do now. You have already lost my business from here on out and I will make sure I will let others know of my poor experiences with your company as well. Also here's food for thought, take it or leave it. Instead of rushing a product that is defective on to the market why don't you put some effort in to testing it out thoroughly to prevent so many issues like you have with this case. I'd be happen to wait the time if that meant I was getting a quality product. Patience is a virtue and it pays off in the long run.

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. After talking with the representative that exchange emails with you. We believe there were some miscommunication in that they meant to say that your label was e-mailed to you once earlier before last week. According to our records, an email with the label was sent out on 07/09/10. We apologize for your inconvenience again.

bucko21 said:
Well I am not going to knock Seidio yet, I have a first generation case and it is rediculously loose, I keep putting electrical tape on the inside to tighten it up. They are trying to help me correct this problem now, although they are dragging their feet doing it. My complaint is did anyone else get the email about the Rugged case add on kit? Come on looking at the pics all it does is correct the problems with the Innocase II everywhere it grasps on is where the case is loose. You want me to spend another $20 to get a piece of plastic to go over my case to make it more rugged? And at the same time make it tighter to the phone. I'm not, I am going to hopefully get the generation II case and if it is better then great, if not then I am going to expect my money back on this inferior product and go with another product. BUT the bad mouthing will only get worse. Seidio for the most part makes good products but this is now 2 products I have bought from them that did not live up to expectations. I don't know how much more benefit of the doubt I can give them..

Hello,

We have revise the Innocase II Surface and if you would send me your order information we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you.

The Innocase Rugged is actually an add-on to the Innocase II Surface, allowing users to operate their device with maximum protection all around their phone.

Regards,

Last edited:

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi SeidioSeidio, I've already done this twice. Given my order info in, I never got a reply back from July 2nd, and I sent it again on July 15th or so, and still haven't gotten a response back.. The ball is in your court..

Hello,

Hello,

We have revise the Innocase II Surface and if you would send me your order information we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you.

The Innocase Rugged is actually an add-on to the Innocase II Surface, allowing users to operate their device with maximum protection all around their phone.

Regards,

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't know how long Seidio has been selling things for Android devices because I am new to Android.

I can tell you that their reputation is not good on other forums and amongst other communities.

Go to treocentral.com and with a little searching you can find anything you want to know.

I have had bad experiences with Seidio and at one point I had to speak with the owner. I can't recall his name but he did fix the problem.

alan7467

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had terrible luck with Seido service as well. It's nice that they have a presence on various message boards. However, it doesn't matter when their warranty/service department completely ignores your inquiries.

Bad service + overpriced cases = no more money from me.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for your comments. After talking with the representative that exchange emails with you. We believe there were some miscommunication in that they meant to say that your label was e-mailed to you once earlier before last week. According to our records, an email with the label was sent out on 07/09/10. We apologize for your inconvenience again.

Do you have proof this was sent to me like a read receipt once the email was opened by me because I never got this mysterious email you claim to have sent. I can already answer that question for you by saying NO you did not. I received no such emails from you other then this past Friday that contained a shipping label. The only other emails I ever got from your company besides marketing ads for new products has been confirmation of my order and an email on 6/28/2010 that stated the following.

Dear valued customer,

This e-mail is to confirm that we've received request. Your ticket number is [Ticket#1517174]].

For refund / replacement request:

Please allow 3-4 business days for validating your request. You will receive an email when the validation process is completed.

For any other inquires:

A member of our staff will review your questions within 1-2 business days.

Thank you for shopping at Seidioonline.com.

Sincerely,
Seidio RMA Department

And yes I have checked my Junk folder as well both in Outlook and directly on my Gmail account. Your phone rep already admitted they failed to send me the label three times! Once with my replacement case, the second after I was told they were sending it after they forgot to mail one with my replacement case, and third when I called in two weeks after that when it never showed up. It should not take three failed attempts to send me a freaking shipping label each time being "assured" that I would get in in about 3-4 business days.

Why now all of a sudden are you trying to openly lie and take back what your rep already told me? You aren't saving face if that was your intentions. To be honest, your replies and Margaret Torres (Seidio Sales Rep) emails to me over the past few days are just digging the hole deeper and deeper for your company. Saying sorry means nothing when you are lying straight to my face.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey Seidio, you already knocked me down on the ground so to speak with all of these problems and now you insist on kicking me and throwing dirt in my face as well? Classy!

After I finally got my return label sent to me 7/16/2010 which was a Friday evening, I sent back my cases the following Monday which was 7/19/2010. According to the tracking info, they got them back on 7/23/2010, but when I called just now their rep said they still hadn't received them yet. He placed me on hold and came back and stated yes they did get them and to allow one billing cycle for the credit to be applied to my card. A billing cycle is typical a month and I was told the money would be applied back to my card within two business days after my return was received. This was told to me by the lady I spoke with when I called in and *****ed the final time that I had not received the return label. I just want my flipping money back!

What makes me even more upset is that when I asked the guy for his name for record keeping purposes he refused to give me his last name. Apparently his name is simply "Chad" and nothing more. I just don't get it anymore. Seidio you seriously have F'd yourself in the A.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Kamen said:
Hey Seidio, you already knocked me down on the ground so to speak with all of these problems and now you insist on kicking me and throwing dirt in my face as well? Classy!

After I finally got my return label sent to me 7/16/2010 which was a Friday evening, I sent back my cases the following Monday which was 7/19/2010. According to the tracking info, they got them back on 7/23/2010, but when I called just now their rep said they still hadn't received them yet. He placed me on hold and came back and stated yes they did get them and to allow one billing cycle for the credit to be applied to my card. A billing cycle is typical a month and I was told the money would be applied back to my card within two business days after my return was received. This was told to me by the lady I spoke with when I called in and *****ed the final time that I had not received the return label. I just want my flipping money back!

What makes me even more upset is that when I asked the guy for his name for record keeping purposes he refused to give me his last name. Apparently his name is simply "Chad" and nothing more. I just don't get it anymore. Seidio you seriously have F'd yourself in the A.

I sincerely apologize about this issue. I followed up on this and our customer service representative said everything has been taken care of regarding your refund. It has been processed on our side and if you haven't seen it yet, you should see it within the next 24-48 hours. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.