Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 3:06:45, estimated shipping 3-4 weeks. Status hasn't changed until today, from pending to pre-ordered. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But my friend ordered at 3:08 with shipping estimate of 5-6 and got his shipping notification yesterday... Safe to say I am beyond disappointed. But can anyone elaborate on the change from pending to pre-ordered? Can't figure out whether it's good or bad

Sorry to hear about that but your friend really got his that early? cause i got 6-7 weeks so if theres a chance that i could get my phone earlier then that would make my life so much easier.

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to you guys :) Still patiently awaiting my shipping order, in Pre-Order period still. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow to a nice shipping surprise! Android 4.2 looks awesome. I used a froyo version phone for a week 2 years ago... so really it will be a great new experience to get 4.2 jelly bean! Must say, gesture swipe and the camera UI seem to be what I will probably enjoy most!

Idk why but most people got the email a day after the device shipped. So I hope you Nexus 4 has shipped already, and you just have not gotten the email yet.

maxod

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 3:06:45, estimated shipping 3-4 weeks. Status hasn't changed until today, from pending to pre-ordered. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But my friend ordered at 3:08 with shipping estimate of 5-6 and got his shipping notification yesterday... Safe to say I am beyond disappointed. But can anyone elaborate on the change from pending to pre-ordered? Can't figure out whether it's good or bad

Hmmm...that's weird about your order time and shipping estimates. Mine was ordered 12:08:42 pm and I got 1 to 2 weeks shipping. Something is screwed up.

Nick792

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I got my shipping info yesterday but still haven't been charged on my CC so that shouldn't make any difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Weird, my package has left Maumee, the weird part is that it was scanned at departure at 1:07 am today. I thought packages dont move over the weekend.

Kaiser999

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered: December 3 - 12:06:36 Pacific Standard Time

Pending changed to Pre-Ordered Dec 12.

*No Charges or Authorizations
*No Shipping Confirmation

Tear :'(

priority9

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Same here. Its been in Maumee since 12:13PM
Departed - Maumee, OH, United States, Saturday, 12/15/2012 - 01:07am

Weird, my package has left Maumee, the weird part is that it was scanned at departure at 1:07 am today. I thought packages dont move over the weekend.
Freight still moves on the weekends so the packages will arrive on the scheduled ETA. It is only local delivery that doesn't usually move on weekend, with the exception of special Sat delivery.

* Noticed that the tracking card in Google Now is not showing. I thought it was supposed show when tracking info was sent to a Gmail account. Hmmmm.

priority9

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sign up for UPS SMS Tracking if you want the latest notification for changes in the status of the package. There is always the option of email notification available.

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope not yet. Woke up his morning with hope but nothing so far. But the day is young yet! They say Pre-order is processing time, and that it takes 2-3 days to process, and today is day 3 of Pre-Order period so keeping my fingers crossed!
Any update spuffy? I was also wondering about Maxod. While I have been lucky, I would like the entire team to get shipping notices. We are all in this together boys (and girls) :)

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Any 3-4 weekers yet?

I did see just a few people with 3-4 weeks who got the shipped email... im unfortunately not one of them :(

Hmmm...that's weird about your order time and shipping estimates. Mine was ordered 12:08:42 pm and I got 1 to 2 weeks shipping. Something is screwed up.

wow... my order was 3:08:47 and im in the 3-4 weeks... apparently every second counts :p

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope not yet. Woke up his morning with hope but nothing so far. But the day is young yet! They say Pre-order is processing time, and that it takes 2-3 days to process, and today is day 3 of Pre-Order period so keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi Spuffy, sorry to hear that you didn't get notice yet. I hope that they do send notice during the weekend or you will have to wait for Monday.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

The packages keep moving as long as it's "in transit" so it can arrive to the closest sorting facility to your place and then it will wait for Monday to actually say "out for delivery".

I ordered a screen protector yesterday and it ships with UPS as well, according to the tracking the departure scan of this item was tonight - 15th of December and it's coming from BC. The ETA is monday. The distance to Toronto from Richmond, BC is over 4000km so it means that they keep moving packages.

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Spuffy, sorry to hear that you didn't get notice yet. I hope that they do send notice during the weekend or you will have to wait for Monday.

Yeah I am hoping as well. I am pretty patient though. I knew I would be in for a wait when I ordered, but I have things to keep me occupied until Monday. It sucks but the quality and prize of the phone make it so worthy of the wait. I'm hanging in tough :)

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I do have one question though, and I am not sure if it was already answered... but what is the Pre-Order period anyways? I read on a post way back that it was processing time. But what do they do?

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I do have one question though, and I am not sure if it was already answered... but what is the Pre-Order period anyways? I read on a post way back that it was processing time. But what do they do?

I really have no idea..... At some point Google changed the status from "pending" to "pre-order" and after that people started getting the shipping emails.

From what i know pre-order usually means something else, it means that you order something ahead of time before the normal sale starts but here Google did something else with it.

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I really have no idea..... At some point Google changed the status from "pending" to "pre-order" and after that people started getting the shipping emails.

From what i know pre-order usually means something else, it means that you order something ahead of time before the normal sale starts but here Google did something else with it.

I really wish Google was more clear and straight forward about the buying process so people could know whats going on. Personally, I think they are just holding back on supplies to give the illusion that the demand is higher then what it really is. But that's just one mans opinion. I would just love a step by step explanation on their website or something.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I really wish Google was more clear and straight forward about the buying process so people could know whats going on. Personally, I think they are just holding back on supplies to give the illusion that the demand is higher then what it really is. But that's just one mans opinion. I would just love a step by step explanation on their website or something.

This theory was discussed here few times and it's not only your opinion. There is a chance that this is exactly what they do. To create a huge buzz around the phone (and they are kinda succeeding in this) they hold back the stock and ship it closer to the end of the shipping period they said.

But then again you can say it about a lot of other companies that do those kind of stuff. After all it's a company that want to earn money and want to "make" people purchase their items. Not that it's a good thing to the customer but it is a smart strategy for the company.

But who knows, they could just plan the whole N4 sale poorly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus