Cannot switch off channel broadcast - critical issue (int'l version)

kangyooni

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have HTC One V international (GSM) version, unlocked, targeted to NL/BE/Lux (Europe).

Struggling from a big issue - when going abroad from the Netherlands to some countries, eg. Poland, receiving loads of text messages like SMS from 2-digit numbers, over 50 per minute. This isn't in fact SMS, but a cell broadcast with local dating offers etc. Additionally, a pop up appears every few minutes with base station location. Doesn't matter it is my Dutch simcard (KPN) in roaming, or a local T-Mobile sim.

Normally, all phones have cell broadcast off by default and you can opt-in for these messages.

On my HTC Cell Broadcast in Call settings is always active, grayed-out so can't disable (see picture #1). Pre-selected chanels 519 & 919 (NL-Alert) - also can't delete, but phone receives other channels too (that crappy messages are chan. #20-49 and those pop-ups are on #50).

Escalated to HTC NL - first they ignored me, then after nagging on their facebook - called me back first saying "I cannot disable CB", and later that I can in the settings. I tried and cannot cause it's grayed-out as mentioned - take a look at the picture below.

Any advice? How about rooting the phone? Or need a new ROM? Actually I cannot use the phone abroad due to that spam and if can't fix it, will return it. But first wanna look for some solution, hope there is...

Thanks

Attachments

• _SCF9668.JPG
    _SCF9668.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 23
  • _SCF9669.JPG
    _SCF9669.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 20
  • _SCF9667.JPG
    _SCF9667.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 22

frankgs

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Those CB messages are indeed a real PITA!

You probably did but have you tried press and hold on each channel item? I get a popup allowing me to edit or delete the channel item (on my S2). I know it's obvious but I find the Android UI not always intuitive.

Prakash chandra

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I deselected all the options , restarted the phone (S2) . But still I am getting CB Msg ......... Its so irritating. Can you suggest some other solution ?

Prakash chandra

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Cannot switch off channel broadcast - Kitkat (Galaxy S2)

Hi ,

I am getting CB Msg even after deselecting all the options and restarting. Can someone please guide me how can i stop getting CB messages ?

Pooja_Singh

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
This same happened with me, but now I got the solution.
Go to Settings-> Call -> select the slot in which SIM u getting the msgs -> uncheck broadcast msgs option and done :)
Hope this will help you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000