Can't turn notifications off for facebook, email, and text messages

cradle667

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been ok with the Froyo update up to this point, but there's one thing that I just can't take anymore. For some reason, I cannot turn notifications off for facebook, email, and even text messages! I go into settings in my email app, messaging app... and i don't even know about fb. I change all of them to silent... and 10 minutes later my phone is still ringing like crazy! I never had this problem before. That's really the only problem I am having. Anybody have some suggestions?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you gone to your settings>sounds>notification ringtone and select SILENT?

The you also have Vibrate option right above that to customize it a bit further since your opting to change notifications to silent.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
did you set your phone to silent? drop down the top and select vibration/silent in Froyo. If you don't want it to vibrate. Settings--> Sound--> Vibrate--> Never.

cradle667

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have done all the following things that you have mentioned. My problem is that I want my phone to ring when I get a call, but all of a sudden i'm getting facebook alerts and can't turn the tone off, same goes for emails. I go into email and overall phone settings and turn notifications to silent, but they revert back to the default selection after i close out of it. So I constantly get notifications for things I don't even care about. Please tell me there's a fix for this.

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been ok with the Froyo update up to this point, but there's one thing that I just can't take anymore. For some reason, I cannot turn notifications off for facebook, email, and even text messages! I go into settings in my email app, messaging app... and i don't even know about fb. I change all of them to silent... and 10 minutes later my phone is still ringing like crazy! I never had this problem before. That's really the only problem I am having. Anybody have some suggestions?

I have no problem. Open facebook app select the facebook logo in the upper left corner and then select menu at the bottom of your phone and you'll see settings. top two options are notification intervals and secondly to turn notifications completely off.

LoneWolf545

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have done all the following things that you have mentioned. My problem is that I want my phone to ring when I get a call, but all of a sudden i'm getting facebook alerts and can't turn the tone off, same goes for emails. I go into email and overall phone settings and turn notifications to silent, but they revert back to the default selection after i close out of it. So I constantly get notifications for things I don't even care about. Please tell me there's a fix for this.

I don't know if there's a fix, but I've seen some of the same symptoms and have been digging around trying to resolve them. Getting text message notifications in tones OTHER than what I have selected is getting annoying.

zak

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
if you don't have gtunes download it
do a search for The Blood Hound Gang's 10 Best Things About New Jersey
set it as your notification for facebook, email, and whatever notifications you don't want to make noise

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967