Cases, cases and more cases!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Some of you should be working for UAG. I've been on the fence about this case since I first saw it on YouTube. I had some reward points I needed to use from Best Buy so I went ahead and bought it. It is not as big as I had imagined it to be. Feels good in the hand. Would be nice if they offered it in different colors, like green. LolView attachment 352858

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app
That's good that it feels nice in the hand. That's a plus for cases. I love having more colour options!

Reactions: mak916

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My go-to and currently only case is the OtterBox defender. Absolutely love this case - I do a lot of deliveries currently so it's perfect for that very good grip, weather protected. The magnetic plates stick on the back very well for my phone mount in the car.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone using the UAG Urban Armour Kevlar Monarch Pro with magnetic charging ?
Any good ?

On a side note do Anker sell magnetic charging powerbanks to snap onto this case ?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Why did you send it back ?

Do all the Anker Magsafe options attach to the case do you know ?
As I said a few comments above...

Feels like I'm the only person who doesn't like the monarch pro, sent mine back after a week.

I thought it felt awful in the hand . The edges are too square, it feels like holding a house brick. The look is also a bit much for me in person... I'm all about bold (I have the lime S23 ultra, and wish it was more neon lol), but the monarch pro looks like a mid-life crisis to me haha

Different strokes I suppose...

Also one of the rivets was wonky. Not something I'd usually care that much about, but at the price they charge it should be perfect.

Can't see a reason they wouldn't...although some of them will probably partially obscure the 10x telephoto camera. I don't recommend a magsafe battery pack personally though.

Reactions: bandofbrothers2112

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Right .........not quite a case question.....but has anyone used this brand/type of screen protector and are they any good ???

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Right .........not quite a case question.....but has anyone used this brand/type of screen protector and are they any good ???

Whitestone are widely considered to be the best tempered glass protectors available.
\\\\Although in my experience I'd say the fitting jig is the thing that really sets them apart from the competition rather than the protector itself.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Whitestone are widely considered to be the best tempered glass protectors available.
This is not tempered glass.......but it's good to know about the brand

I've never put a screen protector on......so I haven't paid much attention to what's what....in the marketplace.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This is not tempered glass.......but it's good to know about the brand

I've never put a screen protector on......so I haven't paid much attention to what's what....in the marketplace.
I didn't see this response a month ago... But personally I wouldn't pay white stone money and go through the hassle of doing UV cure for something that isn't even tempered glass. By the tempered glass one instead.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I will jump in since I just got my s23 ultra last week. First case I got was the Ringke Fusion X . Wasn't sure I would like it. Normally get Spigen cases. But for the moment I like it. Shows of my Green S23U really well.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got the UAG Plyo Pro (I believe that's what it's called) and am coming from the Ringke Magnetic Fusion Clear case. Both cases are clear MagSafe cases and here's my take on the UAG:

+1 Ringke:
  • UAG has more bulk.
  • Buttons are slightly easier to click on Ringke.
  • MagSafe accessories that extend beyond the top corners of the magnetic ring will face difficulty mounting on the UAG due to the raised lip around the lenses.
  • The UAG edges on the front of the case have a lot more flex than the Ringke. The Ringke gives a better feeling of sturdiness.
  • UAG is not lanyard compatible.
  • The MagSafe magnetic attraction feels a little stronger on the Ringke.
  • The USB C cut out on the bottom of both is big enough for chunky connectors, but the Ringke's cut out is a smidgen bigger on top.

+1 UAG:
  • Ringke has a matte back. UAG is "crystal" clear.
  • UAG has more raisivity (raised edges) on the left and right edges of the screen, where the Ringke's edges are below the edge of the screen.
  • UAG has raisivity around the lenses on the rear, whereas the Ringke is flush.
  • The UAG's rear camera cutout has one cut out for the top 2 lenses on the left, and this is important because there is actually a microphone at the bottom of the top-left lens. The Ringke obstructs this microphone.
  • Despite being more hefty, the UAG feels a lot more grippy, which definitely helps with one-handed use.

Neutral Notes:
  • Both cases have different but equally effective cutouts for the S Pen.
  • Last, but not least, in Canada the Ringke costs $27 whereas the UAG is $60.
  • Both cases leave a pretty big unusable "black hole" for the S Pen when MagSafe charging is being used.

Attachments

• IMG-20230706-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230706-WA0006.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter