Cases for the Z3v?

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just an update: I picked up the gloss tpu case at Verizon today.... Still not perfect, but it will do for now.

I keep posting messages on Sony's social media sites requesting an OEM case, but no response so far. I'll keep pushing.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3V

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
OK, here is a comparison between the two cases from Verizon. I'm sticking with the silicone one and returning the Incipio because of its size.

Sorry for the crappy pics - had to use my Nexus 7 to take the pics so I could compare the Z3v too...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7351.jpg
    7351.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 7349.jpg
    7349.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 7352.jpg
    7352.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 79

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
OK, here is a comparison between the two cases from Verizon. I'm sticking with the silicone one and returning the Incipio because of its size.

Sorry for the crappy pics - had to use my Nexus 7 to take the pics so I could compare the Z3v too...

Posted via the Android Central App
Thanks for posting these pics!

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Any good holster options out there? I know. Don't flame me. I am a holster guy. I just am. Been stuck on anything Seidio puts out, but I would say it would be pretty doubtful that they would produce one for the Z3v. I do want a case, but it has to have a holster. There is one on Amazon, but it looks pretty cheap. http://www.amazon.com/Starshop-T-Mo...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4050145

I saw recently on the Verizon website that their regular black holster case combo was listed but currently out of stock. So maybe it's coming soon.
On another note, I am also a holster guy but I don't like putting on a case as it makes the phone too big. If you feel comfortable going un-cased but still holstered the holster from the Verizon LG G2 holster case combo fits the phone very well. There's some of the top of the phone that overhangs but it's ok because it's up against your body

ChuckWithAZ3v

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I can testify to the incipio dualpro in black is an extremely well built dual layer case, and between the waterproofing I feel comfortable taking this device anywhere. I too am dismayed that this very well designed and full fledged flagship smartphone has had a lack of public appeal and therefore the amount of functional cases can be counted on both of your hands.

P.S. if you're looking for a tempered glass screen protector by chance, the .3 mm thick protectors for the Sony Xperia Z2 on Amazon fit very well with the cutouts in the proper places. The only catch is the 2mm extra length on the Z3v so you get a little bit of exposure on the bottom.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I am a holser guy, and LOVE Seidio holsters.

What I have been spending way too much time on is this:

- Incipio DualPro case
- Seidio holster - I did the measuring and it SOOOO very close to a Note 3 that it might just fit

The challenge is, no one really carries their produce without ordering them and I am not sure if I would get the holster that goes with the Surface version or the Dilex to accomodate for the Incipio case.

Anyone aware of anyone who carries Seidio products you can touch? They emailed me and said Best Buy, but I didn't see any at the store I went to the other day.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, went to Best Buy last night and trolled their accessory wall for a Note 3 or Not 4 holster with my wifes Z3v w/Dual Pro case in hand. Couldnt find anything. They do have Seidio stuff under another brand name (Premium Series). Couldnt find anything Note 3 which I was thinking was going to be the ticket, but then stumbled into a Note 4 'surface' case and holster that was in the wrong place and bingo. It will work just fine.

So my set up will be:

-Incipio DulaPro case (gotta find a black one)
-Seidio Note 4 holster (ordered on ebay for $22)

Now I need to get the phone, case and a 128G SD card and I will be good to go! ;-)

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, went to Best Buy last night and trolled their accessory wall for a Note 3 or Not 4 holster with my wifes Z3v w/Dual Pro case in hand. Couldnt find anything. They do have Seidio stuff under another brand name (Premium Series). Couldnt find anything Note 3 which I was thinking was going to be the ticket, but then stumbled into a Note 4 'surface' case and holster that was in the wrong place and bingo. It will work just fine.

So my set up will be:

-Incipio DulaPro case (gotta find a black one)
-Seidio Note 4 holster (ordered on ebay for $22)

Now I need to get the phone, case and a 128G SD card and I will be good to go! ;-)

Do you have a link for the Seidio case? Have you run across any leather holsters?

ne14abeer

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I found a good holster at REI. Can't post links yet but do a search on REI for Timbuk2 3Way Accessory Case. Fits like a glove on a naked Z3v. Lined with fur so no scratches either.

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Ditto on the Incipio DualPro, black, and minus the outer case. The outer case makes it as slippery as the phone itself.

Luckily, the inner case is rubber.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582