Charging the LG G3 = Long and Painful!

HennersL

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
There must be a logical reason why the included cable is harder to insert. I tried charging my G3 using the included charger and the USB cable from my old HTC One because I found it plugged into the phone a lot easier, but the charge time just by using a different USB cable (with the same LG 1.8A charger) was just woeful...

2014-08-03 11.23.00.jpg

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not really harder to insert... actually i find it goes in smoother than my G2 and I prefer a snugger fit but oh well. you can't push the microusb cable straight in... you have to actually angle the cable down just slightly... a couple of degrees... and you'll see it just slides right in.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a Limefuel dual 2.4A wall outlet and it has been great for me. Its a total of 4.8A and I don't have any issues so far.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)

saliou1234

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I got the same problem with my g3 and about to sale mine on eBay. I Can't wait 5 hours for the phone to be fully charge. My g2 didnt have that problem

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm not on a G3 (Yet, but I'm considering it) but as far as chargers go I got tired of the rats nest of chargers for five devices in the kitchen so I got one of these: Amazon.com: Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M8); Nexus and More (Black): Electronics 8 Amps split to 5 ports and the charger knows how to negotiate which charging spec to use with whatever device is plugged in. And the price is reasonable.

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I got the same problem with my g3 and about to sale mine on eBay. I Can't wait 5 hours for the phone to be fully charge. My g2 didnt have that problem

You must have a deffective phone or your outlet is messed up. My G3 charges faster than any phone ive ever had

Posted via the Android Central App

ShAdoWSKy

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this question is out of place, but is there any detrimental effect in switching out the usb cords for charging the G3? The included cord is way too short for me so I want to use an old one that I used for my S3 which is much longer. I'm wondering if the cord, being old and beaten up, will damage my battery in any way.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this question is out of place, but is there any detrimental effect in switching out the usb cords for charging the G3? The included cord is way too short for me so I want to use an old one that I used for my S3 which is much longer. I'm wondering if the cord, being old and beaten up, will damage my battery in any way.
Only problem is if it works. I tried two different brand chargers with no luck. One was with my blackberry the other cable was from my daughters s4. Other than that there's no harm in using a different charger.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So these estimates that the phone is displaying is totally incorrect then?

Not accurate at all. Mine will be charged in 30 min

I had some crazy readings like yours when I first got my phone. Is closer now but still wrong

EDIT: stupid screen shot

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 17169.jpg
    17169.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 69

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86