Current AT&T users: happy or unhappy?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just wish they could get me service at my house. Their coverage is good most every where else I've used my phone this weekend since trying AT&T again. I just can't deal with no service at home.

If you call att and complaint they might send you a free microcell tower. It only gives you 3G speeds but got text/calls its great. However I'd assume you have an internet connection with WiFi anyways with this device.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
To show an example of how poor my AT&T service here in Denver Colorado is at my house, here is a speedtest done just a short time ago. I called AT&T about the Microcell thing and they want to charge me $99 for it. No.

That's on my iPhone. On my Note 4, it's no better. Both phones are unlocked by T-Mobile.

untitled.jpg

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
To show an example of how poor my AT&T service here in Denver Colorado is at my house, here is a speedtest done just a short time ago. I called AT&T about the Microcell thing and they want to charge me $99 for it. No.

That's on my iPhone. On my Note 4, it's no better. Both phones are unlocked by T-Mobile.

View attachment 171394

Funny...I'm in the south Denver metro and att is strong in my house and really everywhere I travel. But I am test driving tmoble the same way u are w att.
I did this a year ago and tmob was weak in my home... But wow...it's like they put a tower in front of my house. Now I may convert all my lines to T-Mobile.. We'll see.

Funny, when I started this line and explained my experience last time I tested the network, they offered me free CellSpot and even a WiFi calling router...not any router but one from Asus.... They were literally like "take it in case and try it out...all free". They just tie the devices to your account in case you cancel and don't return them...then they'll charge.

I'm surprised att didn't offer just to send you one. They did that for my bro in law w no problem. Did u say, I'm leaving if you can provide me one free to see improvement?

Posted via the Android Central App

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I love hearing stories like this. T Mobile is doing some great things and they are really making changes. Not to mention their call quality is the best I've ever heard on a mobile network.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Choosing "the best" carrier is like herding cats. AT&T can be the best carrier in one town and the worst in the town next door. Same with any other carrier. Sprint has 99.99999% coverage in Fayeteville, NC - the only spot they're missing is inside my daughter's house. (There's a sharp ridge across the street, in the direction of Sprint's tower, causing knife-edge diffraction, making my daughter's house a dead spot.) AT&T has about 75% coverage, but the areas they don't cover are places I never go. So even though Sprint's coverage is better, it's not better for me, here, now. Ten years ago, when I was still living in New York, Sprint had such bad coverage that I had to travel 6 miles to even see 1 bar. AT&T was so-so, Verizon was great. Then Verizon started overloading their towers and holding a call as long as 30 seconds was rare. But Cingular, which had just come into the area, and was using TMobile and AT&T towers, had great coverage. Four years ago, Sprint had improved so much that I switched to them.

Things change. Choose the carrier that has the best coverage in the places you need coverage now. If that changes in a few years, where you need or where they cover, change carriers. (That's why it's best if you can use AT&T or TMobile and buy an unlocked international version of the phone you want. No contract, so you can leave any time, and switch back and forth as conditions warrant.)

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I am so glad these forums are here and I have enjoyed this thread and all of the info on this thing. I am thinking of switching our to Verizon lines over to cricket when the contracts are up if I can get ahold of the customer support. They use AT&T towers that is why I have been looking at this thread. I have also looked at regular AT&T but the prices are the same as Verizon. Thank you all. Great community we have here. lots of helpful and knowledgeable people.

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been with AT&T for over a year now. I used to be with MetroPCS for years, but when I moved out to this area (southwest Michigan, near South Bend, Indiana), you could hardly find any stores that had MetroPCS phones and support. The service was great though, I do miss them. I switched to Boost Mobile and was a bit iffy, since they're part of Sprint and I remember hearing horror stories of Sprint coverage back in the day. Actually turned into okay coverage to my surprise.

I only switched to AT&T because my boyfriend needed a phone. Him and his friend were in a contract together with T-Mobile and the coverage in this area is horrible, too many dropped calls. They both complained to T-Mobile and said that they wanted out of the contract, because you can't even make a phone call most of the time and it never used to be like that before, almost like they took down towers in the area. T-Mobile wouldn't let them leave, but they left anyway.

Move to AT&T - My boyfriend and I did it in November 2013 on a whim. We were browsing Best Buy and I seen Galaxy S3's were 99 cents with a two year contract. With me having decent credit, we did it in my name. The coverage in this area is amazing, 4G LTE in such a small town. I've never had a problem with customer service, they even doubled our data from 10GB to 20GB at no extra cost (when you could call in, lie that you were leaving, and they would make you the offer). Now with rollover data, we're looking at a little over 30GB a month.

We pay over $170 a month for two lines, that's with my employee discount. It's only so high now, because we got two S5 Actives through NEXT. Before that, it was $120 a month.

They're not horrible, but as others have said, you need to shop around for a carrier that has good coverage in your area and the areas you go to.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I've been with AT&T for 5 years now. I've had the Nexus 4 running on their 3G network since Feb 2013. More recently coverage and signal strength has been getting worse. I'm not sure if it's because of the aging 3G network and they care more about their 4G LTE. I have also been getting a LOT of dropped calls and failure to complete calls. And that is with other AT&T customers too! So I haven't been that happy with them lately. Plus I want to upgrade and they want to make me pay $15 more a month for upgrading my phone. See my thread for that debacle... http://forums.androidcentral.com/t/516862-why-does-t-want-make-me-pay-more-upgrading.html

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Your payment plan so much to pay off the phone charger the phone what is broken up into 24 months. Is not adding to the service cost you are paying for the device.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just switched from Verizon due to poor coverage. So far I am very happy, good coverage and just had one call to customer service but they were fine.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
7bd87ab5826d059af8d64cdc4b5a37ab.jpg

I'm happy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
On verizon... In a very congested area actually. Chicago airport.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

The area around is congested but they always beef up airports more to help with the capacity. That is why sites like Root Metrics rate cities & airports separately since Airports in these areas are known to be dense populated.

Frankie Rivera

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I have nothing bad to say about AT&T's network however their customer service sucks. They don't have a problem taking your money but when you have an issue or need help its "I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do" or "I'm sorry you feel that way". I hate AT&T'S customer service and would not recommended them to my worst enemy and will be taking my business elsewhere as soon as my contract ends.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator: