Current AT&T users: happy or unhappy?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: current AT&T users. happy? not happy?

I had some connection issues last month and the att CS rep took off $70 from my bill! I didn't even have to ask for it. Was pretty awesome. They seem to understand where a customer is coming from.

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

If I purchased the newest unlocked Sony Z1, would I have ATT LTE bands?

Posted via Android Central App

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

First off check out G2 . its a winner.

I found ATT coverage to be rock solid with outstanding LTE speed in my area.
CS does a great job making customers happy.
There are some negatives though.
Data caps
Expensive rate plans
Android locked bootloaders :mad:

The ATT negatives pushed me to T-mobile. Everything has been A+ so far....not sure about CS yet

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I switched to AT&T from Sprint about 9 months ago and I'm very, very glad I did. My signal strength is much improved in the Seattle area, and I now get true 4G LTE speeds while with Sprint the best I could get was 3G (maybe). I've driven from Seattle Eastward across the state to Idaho on I-90 and for the majority of the way I had LTE, 4G, or HSPA coverage.

Also with AT&T's new family shared plans, I'm saving quite a bit of money for monthly service with two smartphones and a cellular iPad tablet. Sprint might offer unlimited data, but it doesn't matter if you can't get good connect speeds where you live and work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I switched to AT&T from Sprint about 9 months ago and I'm very, very glad I did. My signal strength is much improved in the Seattle area, and I now get true 4G LTE speeds while with Sprint the best I could get was 3G (maybe). I've driven from Seattle Eastward across the state to Idaho on I-90 and for the majority of the way I had LTE, 4G, or HSPA coverage.

Also with AT&T's new family shared plans, I'm saving quite a bit of money for monthly service with two smartphones and a cellular iPad tablet. Sprint might offer unlimited data, but it doesn't matter if you can't get good connect speeds where you live and work.

Glad it's working for you :). I left Sprint as well but went the T-Mobile way to keep unlimited since they have service in my area. AT&T is great with coverage though.. Near / closest to Verizon :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I am with AT&T for about 4 years now since leaving T-Mobile because their customer service was horrible ( which was the last straw ) and no service in my house... I am on a Family plan with AT&T for now and about to get my own service and wondering is it worth it to go back to T-Mobile for unlimited data for $70 or can I stick with AT&T for about the same price and get a decent data plan ( can I split off the family plan and keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan? :D)... Looking to keep it below $100 dollars a month including taxes

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

As of this morning, I'm very happy. Finally bought a data plan; 4GB family share. (I'm the only one who uses data a lot anyway.)

Their 4G LTE is blazing fast.
View attachment 91079

I've had a few rotten apples in Customer and Tech support, but, hey, they sent me a Galaxy S3 for free, so I can't complain too much.

where did you get 48 MBPS down? :O I typically get about 15-20 mbps down now on my Nexus 5 and the last time I had faster was before the iPhone 5 came out with my galaxy s2 skyrocket ( also my s3 I believe my highest was 25 and my S4 highest I seen was around 22 mpbs )

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

where did you get 48 MBPS down? :O I typically get about 15-20 mbps down now on my Nexus 5 and the last time I had faster was before the iPhone 5 came out with my galaxy s2 skyrocket ( also my s3 I believe my highest was 25 and my S4 highest I seen was around 22 mpbs )

Very nice on the 48!

My highest so far with T-Mobile is 39.

Attachments

• 1391899191464.jpg
    1391899191464.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 27

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Very nice on the 48!

My highest so far with T-Mobile is 39.

I didn't get it and I was wondering how? lol my highest was around 56 MBPS on AT&T though but that was with my skyrocket in 2012

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm located about 25 minutes outside of Dallas, where every carrier is great.

....except Sprint! :p

I've gotten higher though. On my iPhone, I've hit about 58 Down!

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Even higher!
du7a4u8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old string but I want to voice my irritation with AT&T.
She choose AT&T cause wifie wouldn't consider any other.
We are in east central Florida where there are many spots where the coverage is poor to none.

baldhero

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Most people I know either use Verizon or AT&T in my area. Seems like Verizon might have better bars compare to AT&T. I myself use AT&T and it serves me alright.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Switched 4 lines to att for the most part fine unfortunately my line has been the one with issues, first number after 40 plus creditor calls for previous owner continued for 6 months asked for new number, new number worse after blocking over 50 and sending another couple dozen to immediate voicemail forced to give up on this up number also. Third number tried to wait em out had a two month lull with no creditors until previous owners accounts sold to another collection agency started up again all times of day and night, on 4th number now took less than 24 hours to get creditor call for previous owner... Every time change business card change billing invoices and letterhead over a grand so far, have gone to generic bill form and insta business card and no letter head. Loss of business substantial. AT&T response stuff happens, cant provide clean number. 3 out of 4 good 4th nightmare

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I decided to give AT&T a try once again after cancelling two years ago due to poor signal at my house. I wished I hadn't done this.

I still have poor signal and my phone reflects that in draining the battery in just hours. My unlocked T-Mobile Note 4 drained it's battery in just 8 hours and my old Nexus 4 drained in just 6. It seems the signal gets slightly better at night but during the day, I can't even make a call. AT&Ts map shows and has always showed there is a dead area about a block north of me but they need to adjust it to show my block as being in that dead area. It's been that way since signing onto AT&T back in 2007 when I got that first iPhone. Only T-Mobile can get me coverage here. Not even Verizon can cover my block. What good is a carrier if I can't use my phone to make a call at home?

I am glad to see that most people here have excellent coverage. Enjoy it! :)

I am in Denver Colorado. Luckily, I have no contract on AT&T as I brought my own phone so I can just cancel it again at the end of the month.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I really wish I could consider T Mobile as an option as they are the ones I would go with but there is one spot in the mountains where we vacation as I think I said before that they do not work. It is interesting to hear that T Mobile works in a place that aT&T does not. This is saying good things about their network now. I am considering switching from Verizon to AT&T for the dual credit that I would receive which I think I also said before.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I really wish I could consider T Mobile as an option as they are the ones I would go with but there is one spot in the mountains where we vacation as I think I said before that they do not work. It is interesting to hear that T Mobile works in a place that aT&T does not. This is saying good things about their network now. I am considering switching from Verizon to AT&T for the dual credit that I would receive which I think I also said before.

I just wish they could get me service at my house. Their coverage is good most every where else I've used my phone this weekend since trying AT&T again. I just can't deal with no service at home.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards