Did I get a returned and or opened Pixel XL?

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up my Pixel XL. Get to the car and notice no tape on the box, looks like it had been removed. I still go with the process and get my XL moving, but now that I am thinking about it, the tape being removed is making me wonder if I got a returned phone or or one that was opened. I kind of want to contact them and see if they have any in-stock to exchange. Maybe I am being dramtic or over-thinking. Doesn't seem to be any issues with the phone, there were no fingerprints, everything was still packaged like brand new. It just irks me a bit that I pay this much and it could have been used or something.

Am I just being a drama queen? haha

Chris Parsons

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
If there's nothing wrong with it..... likely not worth the chance of getting one that might have something wrong with it. I get the 'uneasy' feeling though.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
If it bothers you to keep it more than it bothers you to exchange it - exchange it
If it bothers you to exchange it more than it bothers you to keep it - keep it
:-D

It is a 50-50 crap shoot no matter what you do.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It's your typical buyers remorse OCD reaction people get when they purchased new phones and they can't just enjoy it because it's gonna keep irking them all the way through the return window..after your return window and you might start feeling better

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry. If Best Buy had it labeled as new I would be shocked for them to sell a used device marked as "New" since that would be illegal.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that my Pixel box from BB wasn't sealed either. I remember thinking that's odd, but there weren't any others around. So I kept it.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel XL I ordered from Verizon did not have any seals on the outer box. No reason to believe it was anything other than brand new. I kinda liked the design of the box.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Got mine from the local VZW store - it is obvious there never was any tape on the box - just slides out - cool box. Checked Z Force box - never taped either.

Jo5ton1018

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I got a pixel xl from bb also, and it wasn't sealed. I was thinking that Verizon had opened it to put the SIM inside the phone. Just a thought as to why it wasn't sealed.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I got mine from Best Buy and the seal was also gone. They said it was so Verizon can put sim cards in the box.

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon Pixel was not in a sealed box either. Neither were either one. I looked at both a Pixel and a Pixel XL so I could see for myself which one I liked. I'd bet it is pretty common for that to happen with any phone, Pixel or Pixel XL, Galaxy S7 or Edge, Apple or iPhone plus? Which color?

Don't over think things too much. It has full warranty anyway. Or looked at another way...if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.