Did you test your upload speed on 3g?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
In all respect it doesn't. I could post wifi results and it would look exactly like that. while that results log is on screen for your screen shot you can call up wifi and make it look like wifi, you can call up 4g and make it look like 4g and you can call up 3g for a 4g test and make it look like 3g. you can also delete individual results from the log

You literally can do this test on 4G and post the screen shot we see.

I am not saying that is what was done, but rather that it is easy.

I should also not that sprint support technicians, including the device team itself is not getting over 150 up on 3g themselves.

Again I am not accusing anyone of deliberately doing anything, I will say it ieasy to mistaken post 45g or wifi results as 3g, and that this one tester has severe outlier results. I know people on this board since treocentral. there are people I know who have been around for years. none of us, anywhere with multiple tests is getting over 150 up.
If you look at the screen shot, you can see I am in 3g mode. It would not benefit anyone if I were lying...what would the point of that be? I still haven't heard of anyone who is from chicago that is having the same issue...but admittedly, I haven't been scouring other forums for info about this issue.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
ad076ef2-6d84-e95b.jpg

I don't know if this info helps any...did anyone else do the prl updates? I think I did those day one...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

robrob

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It almost appears as we could get higher, but when sprint realizes we are uploading something big they put the brakes on the speed kind of like a bandwidth limiter or something.

I agree, I kinda think Sprint is throttling our new phones from the infrastructure side to save 3G bandwidth.

acer01

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
My question is if this "upload cap" is something they are intentionally doing(to save and increase their 3g bandwidth) in anticipation for people having increased speeds on 4g, will it affect anyone's decision on keeping their epic?

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Possibly. I'm hoping this is a temporary cap in place to prevent their 3G network from getting slammed from the influx of new people switching over because of the Epic. Kind of like queues when a MMO is released or something to prevent their server from getting bogged down and crashing. They are eventually lifted after they deem it was safe. If not then this better be fixed quick because most of us are unable to do any sort of streaming with this cap in place.

robrob

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There is no way I'm going to keep this phone if the upload speeds are not fixed. I paid a $50 premium for the phone purchase ($250 vs $200) and $10 a month charge for "a premium data experience." If it weren't for that $120 a year extra charge I might suffer through the upload speed.

stovetop

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday my upload was capped at 150. Now i tried speedtest this morning and the upload was 750 every time(10 tjmes). Seems the capped has been liftef feom my line. Strange, but good.

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
same here. capped at 150.

4g however is a different story - 5421 download, 1108 upload.

upload is actually better than my comcast box at home. fml. :D

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If it was the Evo or earlier phone with the upload cap, I would agree. But since it's the epic (newest phone), I'm hoping this cap isn't for the Epic and all future phones.

Assuming this is an intentional network cap on the Epic (and future phones), wouldn't this come back to bite Sprint on the probervial butt when they charge $10/mo extra for "enhanced" data experience on one hand, then intentionally cap the upload data stream on the other.

An argument could be made this, if true, would constitute breach of contract (enhanced data experience in consideration for the $10/mo extra fee), opening them for a class action lawsuit when they can least afford it.

kristv

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

ap77

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Assuming this is an intentional network cap on the Epic (and future phones), wouldn't this come back to bite Sprint on the probervial butt when they charge $10/mo extra for "enhanced" data experience on one hand, then intentionally cap the upload data stream on the other.

An argument could be made this, if true, would constitute breach of contract (enhanced data experience in consideration for the $10/mo extra fee), opening them for a class action lawsuit when they can least afford it.

It's also very likely a material breach that would allow you to break your contract without an ETF.