Issues Installing Apps

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been using it with AT&T via the SIM that came out of my Galaxy Note 10+.
That's why it's working now, but at some point it'll get caught in one of AT&T's IMEI sweeps. You'll know when you get a text about your phone not being compatible, and they may cut service to the SIM. Might be in a few weeks, or might be tomorrow.

May get lucky and they'll never find it, but just be aware that it is a possibility at any time.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I doubt you will find firmware for your phone that has AT&T's CSC (ATT/XAA or ATT/ATT). That is what is preventing you from loading those specific apps. I don't think you can flash the S928U or S928U1 firmware onto your phone.

The SIM largely irrelevant. Since the phone's IMEI is clean (meaning it is not blacklisted as lost or stolen) and your AT&T account is in good standing, AT&T doesn't care if you are using an SM-928B on its network. AT&T also won't be able to help, since the device is not a model it supports with firmware.

It may be possible to sideload those apps via APK. Worst case scenario is that it won't install them.

AT&T does differentiate between the B and B/DS. The B/DS not being on the whitelist may get it flagged. AT&T does send messages to people using non-compliant phones.

They used to flat out disable the SIM too, but they may have backed off on that in the past year now that I think about it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
US version and international version are not interchangeable with stock Samsung firmware, it's also dual sim , the only reason it's working is international version run of GSM network which in the US Att and T-Mobile run .

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
US version and international version are not interchangeable with stock Samsung firmware, it's also dual sim , the only reason it's working is international version run of GSM network which in the US Att and T-Mobile run .
Exactly. That is why AT&T doesn't care. Since 4G/LTE and 5G are both direct descendants of GSM, that is why it will work. I would bet that it would work if I used my Verizon SIM; since Verizon dumped its CDMA network years ago.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Exactly. That is why AT&T doesn't care. Since 4G/LTE and 5G are both direct descendants of GSM, that is why it will work. I would bet that it would work if I used my Verizon SIM; since Verizon dumped its CDMA network years ago.
Oh didn't realize Verizon dumped CDMA, smart on their part .

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Oh didn't realize Verizon dumped CDMA, smart on their part .
They started ripping it out not long after building out their 4G network. It wasn't for altruistic reasons. It's expensive to maintain two separate and incompatible networks. Sprint was the only other large carrier that used CDMA and well... T-Mobile got to inherit that sh*t show.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
AT&T does differentiate between the B and B/DS. The B/DS not being on the whitelist may get it flagged. AT&T does send messages to people using non-compliant phones.

They used to flat out disable the SIM too, but they may have backed off on that in the past year now that I think about it.
Really? So is that why the OP's non-US model S24 Ultra is working on AT&Ts network with his AT&T SIM. Except for certain apps not installing because of the firmware's CSC, it seems to be working fine.

Like I said, AT&T doesn't care (nor does Verizon, or T-Mobile). As long as the device's IMEI is clean and the user has an AT&T (or Verizon or T-Mobile) account in good standing with a functioning SIM, it doesn't care.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Really? So is that why the OP's non-US model S24 Ultra is working on AT&Ts network with his AT&T SIM. Except for certain apps not installing because of the firmware's CSC, it seems to be working fine.

Like I said, AT&T doesn't care (nor does Verizon, or T-Mobile). As long as the device's IMEI is clean and the user has an AT&T (or Verizon or T-Mobile) account in good standing with a functioning SIM, it doesn't care.
AT&T does care and is the worst offender out of the big 3. Verizon, most will activate. T-Mobile couldn't give a damn. As @joeldf mentioned, they have a strict whitelist. OP is lucky it's working at all (for now).

@Apollo
Unfortunately live and learn. Put it on Swappa (ebay for phones, reputable and run by XDA (unless Valenet sold it) but nevertheless a reputable site.

Someone is bound to want it if you put it at a decent price.
Someone eithet did exactly what you did but didn't open it and quickly sold it off (or intentionally screwed you because they imported it cheap).

Take a small loss, regret it for a bit and get a model designed for the US. I haven't looked at it because I'm going to bed but I wouldn't be surprised if bands are missing for full ATT access anyway. Plus it's Exynos. Yuch.

Afterthought as I was closing my eyes. ATT features probably won't work like VVM ND WiFi calling.

Last edited:

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
AT&T does care and is the worst offender out of the big 3. Verizon, most will activate. T-Mobile couldn't give a damn. As @joeldf mentioned, they have a strict whitelist. OP is lucky it's working at all (for now).

@Apollo
Unfortunately live and learn. Put it on Swappa (ebay for phones, reputable and run by XDA (unless Valenet sold it) but nevertheless a reputable site.

Someone is bound to want it if you put it at a decent price.
Someone eithet did exactly what you did but didn't open it and quickly sold it off (or intentionally screwed you because they imported it cheap).

Take a small loss, regret it for a bit and get a model designed for the US. I haven't looked at it because I'm going to bed but I wouldn't be surprised if bands are missing for full ATT access anyway. Plus it's Exynos. Yuch.

Afterthought as I was closing my eyes. ATT features probably won't work like VVM ND WiFi calling.
Really? So is that why the OP's non-US model S24 Ultra is working on AT&Ts network with his AT&T SIM?

Except for certain apps not installing because of the firmware's CSC, it seems to be working fine.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Really? So is that why the OP's non-US model S24 Ultra is working on AT&Ts network with his AT&T SIM?

Except for certain apps not installing because of the firmware's CSC, it seems to be working fine.
I've already explained that the OP's phone just hasn't been caught by their IMEI sweep yet.

I've been around the AT&T support forums long enough to have seen plenty of people post there about getting messages from AT&T about having an "incompatible device", even though the device supports all the same bands. But we find out that the device is not the exact model that was whitelisted.

In the past, they have outright deactivated the SIM, forcing the customers to call to reactivate after putting the SIM back in the proper device. However, this is what they seemed to have stopped doing so aggressively.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
As i told you in a previous thread; Reread what I said. You really are fatiguing to deal with.

Edit, matter of fact let me me say it again and more plainly with some additional info.

I referenced @joeldf who said: ATT has a whiteliist; go look it up. I elaborated that point was correct and they were strict about it. If a phone isn't whitelisted, they can't/won't do anything about it.

Furthermore again, they (ATT) like Google do sweeps of blocks of customer devices. Some slip by, some stop working. A AT&T SIM that was activated on a whitelisted phone will likely "work" in a non-approved phone at least initially if you put it in, a inactive SIM will probably not.

You may be fine, you may not. Why risk you're phone going limp when you need it most? Verizon was similar to ATT but allowed more devices even if not approved. T-Mobile does not care. You put the SIM in and it will work to the extent of the device compatibility to the network.
Oh does it? Did you personally use and check the phone? Why are you making statements on behalf of the OP? All respect to the OP but they didn't even know to check the model, do you think they know how to check and make sure all required features work?

I know they don't. A non-US phone will NEVER get an OTA, period. Even if you butcher it with a US CSC which others have done and advised against, it still doesn't change the phones region prefix. The first three letters will always stay those letters no matter what's flashed over it.

And to further emphasize how bad of an idea flashing a CSC (no matter how comfortable I am doing it), inexperienced users shouldn't be touching ODIN unless they are willing to deal with a soft or hardbrick which is very easy to do if you don't know what you're doing.

That's all I've got to say, I'm just going to write a greasemonkey script to ignore your posts on here

_________

OP, sell the phone and don't play thr game of finding out how well it does or doesn't work. The longer the phones uptime reads in the 'About' section, thr lower the value drops, it's like driving a car off the lot and adding miles.
You post it saying you bought it sealed, opened it and didn't realize it was an international model and has barely/not at all been used (be honest) and that's why you're getting rid of it.

Take that money and don't buy phones from Craigslist.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've already explained that the OP's phone just hasn't been caught by their IMEI sweep yet.

I've been around the AT&T support forums long enough to have seen plenty of people post there about getting messages from AT&T about having an "incompatible device", even though the device supports all the same bands. But we find out that the device is not the exact model that was whitelisted.

In the past, they have outright deactivated the SIM, forcing the customers to call to reactivate after putting the SIM back in the proper device. However, this is what they seemed to have stopped doing so aggressively.
You ninja'd while I was writing a manifesto. Between the two of our follow-up posts, if the fitting username still doesn't get it, it's not worth going over again, trust me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I've had that happen where I had to call AT& to activate the Sim after putting in my tmobile device

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
[Guys I think b.diddy was fair in saying don't go any further than what already mentioned after he posted a warning
I did last clean up so let's get back on track]

Reactions: B. Diddy

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
No. Craigslist special.
As long as the phone works on AT&T's network, meaning you are getting 5G, able to make and receive phone calls, and send and receive texts, it should be fine.

As for certain apps. That is not an AT&T issue, that is a CSC issue as discussed previously. You can try to sideload those apps like I suggested.

If you are not that tied to Evernote, Samsung Notes should still work. You can also try Microsoft OneNote or Google Keep. Both are free and both are good alternatives (better than Evernote anyway). I have used OneNote and Samsung Notes and they are very good. Besides, Evernote changed its pricing scheme and not for the better. Samsung Notes, OneNote and Google Keep are FREE and all features are enabled. I'm not sure how you would export your Evernote data to the other apps. I haven't used Evernote in over 10 years.

As far as your other app. If you can sideload the APK, I don't know what other equivalent apps are available. I have never used it before.

Sadly, Samsung won't take an S24 Ultra for a trade-in for an S24 Ultra.

stevenharvi

May 7, 2024
Visit site
It sounds like you're encountering compatibility issues with certain apps on your new device, the S24 U. This error message typically indicates that the app you're trying to install is not supported or optimized for your device's specific hardware or software configuration.

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check Device Compatibility: Ensure that the apps you're trying to install are compatible with your S24 U device. You can usually find this information on the app's listing in the Google Play Store.
  2. Update Device Software: Make sure your device's software is up to date. Go to Settings > Software Update (or similar) to check for any available updates.
  3. Clear Play Store Cache: Sometimes, clearing the cache and data of the Google Play Store app can resolve compatibility issues. Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data.
  4. Install APK from Official Sources: If the apps are not available on the Google Play Store for your device, you can try downloading the APK file from the official website of the app and install it manually.
  5. Contact App Support: Reach out to the support team of the apps you're trying to install. They may be able to provide guidance or updates on compatibility with your device.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the apps are simply not compatible with your device model. In that case, you may need to explore alternative apps that offer similar functionality and are compatible with your device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TripleU ®