Did your S3 reboot yesterday?

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine has been rebooting a couple of times a day for about 3 weeks. It never resets the "uptime" timer. I think it's time for a factory reset. It just did another reboot about 15 minutes ago. There's supposedly an update coming on the 22nd, so I'm holding out until then to do the factory reset.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine has been rebooting a couple of times a day for about 3 weeks. It never resets the "uptime" timer. I think it's time for a factory reset. It just did another reboot about 15 minutes ago. There's supposedly an update coming on the 22nd, so I'm holding out until then to do the factory reset.

For as much as I'd like to see an update.. I wouldn't expect Verizon to follow through on that.
At least not until they announce it the day it's released.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3 - Tapatalk

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list of random reboots. It did it twice on Friday when I was trying to use Google Maps. I don't know if that's related or simply coincidence since other times the phone has done it seemingly randomly.

nashi#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
For as much as I'd like to see an update.. I wouldn't expect Verizon to follow through on that.
At least not until they announce it the day it's released.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3 - Tapatalk

One of the salesmen at the counter at a local Best Buy Samsung display said they'll have the image on the day of release and he could upload it to the phone if I wanted. ymmv of course. I do wonder why I haven't seen anything announcing it from Verizon tho.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I advise all of you not to update on the 22nd. The international version is totally screwed (battery drain, sluggish) by the update and after the last Verizon update I will not upgrade immediately.

Posted via Android Central App

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine just restarted all by itself about five mins ago. 9:01pm EST. Anyone have this happen?

Posted via Android Central App

Yep. And again at about midnight last night...and again at 6:45 this morning....and again at 2PM...and again at....

I'm going to see if the update comes on Friday. If so, great...I'll do a factory reset after the update. If it doesn't come on Friday, I'll reset it on Sunday when I get back home from my trip.

I'm kind of starting to get disappointed in the SGS3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire