G4 unlocked?

falc39

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, newbie here. So from what I've read, it is not possible to get a version of the G4 unlocked and without Verizon's bloatware to use on Verizon's network?

I'm currently on Verizon network. If I it wont work on Verizon, then my only other option is to buy the H815 and jump ship to T-mobile or AT&T?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, newbie here. So from what I've read, it is not possible to get a version of the G4 unlocked and without Verizon's bloatware to use on Verizon's network?

I'm currently on Verizon network. If I it wont work on Verizon, then my only other option is to buy the H815 and jump ship to T-mobile or AT&T?

Yes you will not regret jumping from a carrier with phones having ugly logos to having a freedom of getting a gsm unlocked phone and use on T-Mobile or AT&T.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I can attest that it currently does not work on Verizon.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I am on VZW ,have been for years. When I found out the H815 would not run on verizon,was kinda bummed.
I called AT&T to make sure this model would work before going to store to get activated.I made sure everything functioned before I left(phone,text,data)
I went to AT&T and got on a go phone plan.I am still on verizon with my other phones.I wanted to test out AT&T in my travel areas was the reason I went with AT&T,for my area T-mobile wasn't an option that would work because of carrier coverage otherwise might have checked into T-mobile

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. Not sure why LG and Samsung have to be in carriers pockets so deep that they're afraid to offer sim unlocked carrier free versions.
Because there's millions of dollars on the line. Why upset your client if your not gonna really affect sale #s by offering unlocked versions. From a business standpoint its completely understandable

Moto X 2014

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Because there's millions of dollars on the line. Why upset your client if your not gonna really affect sale #s by offering unlocked versions. From a business standpoint its completely understandable

Moto X 2014

Hoping that companies like Samsung and LG go bankrupt eventually for not thinking of customers first and bending over back to carriers always.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hoping that companies like Samsung and LG go bankrupt eventually for not thinking of customers first and bending over back to carriers always.

I doubt that will happen anytime soon. But I see us users as the clients and the carriers provide a service. The OEMs should be bending over backward to make us happy, not the carriers.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

In the usa, most people buy phones through the carrier or third-party affiliated with the carrier. In countries where most people don't buy from carrier stores then you will see the manufacturers catering less to the carriers.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

shokdady04

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. Sorry but I'm quite the noob. So, I'm currently using a straight talk AT&T simcard on my unlocked HTC one m7. I went to a couple T-Mobile, AT&T stores inquiring about buying the G4 off contract. None of them said they'd sell me one without a service plan.

Am I better off buying it from best buy unactivated?

Posted via the Android Central App

aaruhani

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Were you able to get your phone unlocked? I also wont the preview edition the same way you did and trying to unlock my phone to use it on AT&T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere