Goodbye, Samsung.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Note 10 Plus and recently got an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I think the poster of this thread may have bought a defective phone. Even with my Exynos version I'm still getting 9-10 hours SOT. No problems whatsoever. The other day I started using my 11 Pro Max at 50% battery level. After 3+ hours of use it was still 50%. The 11PM has great battery life. I'm quite pleased to have made the change from being a unicorn to being a zebra. Thank you very much Mustang7757.( I'm curious. Do you drive them or actually ride them ?)
I drive them

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Why the snippy responses. He expressed his experience and what he did to satisfy his needs. I have the 11 Pro Max and the LG v50. Love them both but each has abilities that differ from each other. I see the same snippy remarks on iMore regarding Android phones. It's fine to think your choice is the best for you. BTW, I said "he" when referring to the OP. No disrespect intended.

I don't see any snippy responses. Everyone talking their experiences. Of course, it is Note 10 forum and folks here are very decent even after that headline by OP :) . Respect to you all.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Why the snippy responses. He expressed his experience and what he did to satisfy his needs. I have the 11 Pro Max and the LG v50. Love them both but each has abilities that differ from each other. I see the same snippy remarks on iMore regarding Android phones. It's fine to think your choice is the best for you. BTW, I said "he" when referring to the OP. No disrespect intended.
Thank you for saying this. I agree completely. I don't understand why people feel the need to jump all over someone stating they had an issue with a product as if they're lying. We all have different experiences and no product is 100% perfect.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for saying this. I agree completely. I don't understand why people feel the need to jump all over someone stating they had an issue with a product as if they're lying. We all have different experiences and no product is 100% perfect.
While I agree with your sentiment I don't see a lot of that in this thread.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree on one point. The standby time is not very good. But, I don't have any settings throttled back. All push notifications are on. If I leave the phone sitting for a few hours, a lot of battery will have been used.

I also have the iPhone 11 pro max. I've charged that phone to 100, left it off the charger for a full day, and found the battery to be at 98. Apple definitely has better standby management. I even see it on their iPads in comparison to the TabS line.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree on one point. The standby time is not very good. But, I don't have any settings throttled back. All push notifications are on. If I leave the phone sitting for a few hours, a lot of battery will have been used.

I also have the iPhone 11 pro max. I've charged that phone to 100, left it off the charger for a full day, and found the battery to be at 98. Apple definitely has better standby management. I even see it on their iPads in comparison to the TabS line.

yes, apple does but using the phone I notice apple burns quicker, android lasts a little longer. For instance, watching youtube for 30 minutes apple will burn more battery than my old note 10.

stand by is correct though apple barely uses battery just sitting.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought the big iPhones back when because of the great battery life. My 10+ is at least as good as any of them. And by this time, after nearly a year, I'd be itchin to ditch the iPhone because it's just so boring. But I have no desire to move to the new Note when it's released (based on the leaks) and certainly not an iPhone. I think I'm done with that hardware. Hello, Samsung. Again.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Standby battery drain issues are solved by setting proper app permissions.

Its a PITA but you need to go through every single app and turn off background data, background battery, and notifications. (unless you specifically need that app to have the permissions).
Once you do that your standby battery drain will go down to practically nothing.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably wrong, but the OP's post seemed a little "trolly" to me with intentions of stirring up the "natives". From the looks of it, seems to have worked LOL ;)

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably wrong, but the OP's post seemed a little "trolly" to me with intentions of stirring up the "natives". From the looks of it, seems to have worked LOL ;)
I thought your post was kinda silly at first. But, the OP hasn't responded to anyone. You actually might be right.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Nope.... Only giving up the Note 10 plus to get a Note 20 Ultra otherwise no issues.

Yeah, I've been fortunate over the years. Neither of my Note7s ever ran hot. I'm glad that I took a bunch of photos and recorded a fair number of videos with the Note7. Those are keepsakes now. All of my Samsungs have done the job in going above and beyond.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've been fortunate over the years. Neither of my Note7s ever ran hot. I'm glad that I took a bunch of photos and recorded a fair number of videos with the Note7. Those are keepsakes now. All of my Samsungs have done the job in going above and beyond.
Are you responding to the right post or thread?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86