Got it activated at Best Buy, but didn't get to leave with it

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't buy it. There is NO way that these phones would have been sent to stores and third-party venders if they can't make phone calls. I think that either the OP is a Verizon employee/sympathizer or was severely misguided into believing that a device that has been 'tested' for 2 months cannot make a phone call.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My bb in town is selling them today and i ask if they got delayed but where able to sell today. He said yes and i was are you sure I can buy one. Soooo it's either BS or that guy doesn't know much but I'm tempted to go after work today and get one if i could. I know the op couldn't make a call but ill ask them to just give it to me and ill go home and figure it out.
Think I could take it home without them having to make a call etc? Or even just take it without tthem activating all at all?
I know its a long short but I just wanna play with it and don't care about Calls atm since I got another phone for it.

ddpacino

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I thank you for this story. I was || <--this close to going to a Verizon store and giving someone the verbal bidness. I'm a little relieved that there is actually an issue behind the hold up. Thanks again!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just put. Your old sim card In it and it will work. If u don't have a sim then your sol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You have to cut the old sim card down to the right size to make it work. Nexus has a micro sim, all other phones except Razr I believe have regular sized sim cards. Jcase of TeamAndIRC posted pics a while back of how to cut it down, but I can't remember where to find them.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Say if i did pull this stunt.
Would I be liable for anything? Get in trouble or anything? Granted I already paid for it and all. So should assume its mine correct?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Say if i did pull this stunt.
Would I be liable for anything? Get in trouble or anything? Granted I already paid for it and all. So should assume its mine correct?

Pretty sure there's nothing you could get in trouble for. If you pay for it, it's your device.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
OK just making sure. I'm going now and i bet you.

Me-Hi I talked to yyou earlier about a service.

Bb rep-oh hey sorry we can't do it today.

Me-You told me you knew it was delay but able to sell today.

Bb rep-I'm sorry I thought i could. Would you want a razr instead.

Me-see you later.

I'm not expecting alot out of this trip . Can't loose nothing.

mwangkc

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Was entertained/tired of reading this thread so went to the local Best Buy. Mobile Manager showed me the Galaxy Nexus, they have 10 units, but couldn't sell it today, (Funny, piece of paper taped to GNex box said hold thru 12/11) They are selling them at 10am tomorrow when they open. Olathe, KS store at I-35 & 119th St. The cash price was $799, but the contract price was not showing in the system as of 2pm

gomaze

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I went to my Best Buy. Got to use the phone and wow, photos and videos online do not do it justice. They tried to sell it to me and the computer said no. It did give a street date of 12/11 and they have 19 in stock.

Maybe tomorrow?!?!?!

I am also wondering if Verizon will use this as a date to do a soft release as it is a phone they are not going to have a big market push for.