Holy Smokes, my watch 6 Classic is already in-transit!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Agreed!!! I didn't HATE the 5Pro, and I already notice what I'm losing in battery life. However, it's already packed up for return. The look, fit and feel of the W6C make up for more charging time by far. There are no cons in functionality in my personal use from the 5 to the 6.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So I got the 6 classic 47mm yesterday and set everything up, downloaded all app updates and then topped the watch back off. Coming up on 24 hours and I'm sitting at 35% battery left with aod off and two 20 minute workouts recorded. It seems like the 40-hour estimate is going to be pretty spot-on for me. I much prefer the 3-day battery I was getting on the 5 pro over any of the upgrades on the six classic, so I'll probably be sending it back.

The rotating bezel is very nice on this one, as is the bigger screen. It does seem to be less laggy with the new processor as well. Hopefully there will be a 7 pro or a seven classic with a larger battery next year.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So I got the 6 classic 47mm yesterday and set everything up, downloaded all app updates and then topped the watch back off. Coming up on 24 hours and I'm sitting at 35% battery left with aod off and two 20 minute workouts recorded. It seems like the 40-hour estimate is going to be pretty spot-on for me. I much prefer the 3-day battery I was getting on the 5 pro over any of the upgrades on the six classic, so I'll probably be sending it back.

The rotating bezel is very nice on this one, as is the bigger screen. It does seem to be less laggy with the new processor as well. Hopefully there will be a 7 pro or a seven classic with a larger battery next year.
I set mine up yesterday morning around 0630 ish. After playing around with various watch faces, normal notifications through the day (no sound or ringer, just the vibration), no AOD - only raise to wake turned on, sleep tracking and I finally put it on the charger this afternoon around 1pm with somewhere around 18%. Battery life is fine with me. I typically charged my 5Pro every other night in the evening. Looks like I'll still be doing the same with the 6 Classic. The physical bezel alone is enough for me to keep the 6 Classic.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I got my pre-order on time, but I don't understand why new orders will take 2 weeks+ to get. They can never keep up with demand

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my 46mm Watch 4 Classic for the new 47mm Watch 6 Classic and at first I was a little worried that the watch was too large on my wrist, but after wearing it for a few days I think I'll get use to it. I definitely noticed how crisp the display is compared to my Watch 4 Classic, and how much larger it is. The bigger display does really help me see the content much better with my old eyes. I like the thinner bezel, and so far the battery life is much better than my 2 year old Watch 4 Classic. I've activated Developer Mode on the watch and set the animation scales to 0.5x which seems to make it feel snappier.

I probably wouldn't have upgraded the Watch 6 as my Watch 4 was working just fine, but Samsung's pre-order trade-in offer was just too good to pass up. With the $200 trade-in for my Watch 4 Classic and an extra $50 promo discount, my cost was $197 for the 47mm Watch 6 Classic.