Help!! Can't recover HTC Sense app

koruptedwarrior

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post, so please be easy on me.

I have been online reading forums and searching google for a way to help.
I decided to root my Droid Incredible this morning and wanted to get rid of the memory hog - Facebook for HTC Sense.
I downloaded Titanium Backup and did a backup in the app itself. Then I decided to delete the Facebook for HTC app and then I look at my contacts and realized their pictures were no longer there! Obviously because it has nothing to sync to.
I did a little research and downloaded Clockwork Recovery and backed everything up using that app. (Thinking that would help)
Everything is backed up, but for some reason, Titanium Backup will not let me restore the Facebook app. When I hit restore, it stays on the "Restoring Facebook" pop up forever and does nothing.

I hate not seeing my contacts with pictures next to their name!
I can really use some help right now!

Thanks in advance!!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading/updating busybox and superuser from the market. That will often fix problems with Titanium.

Hope this helps.

koruptedwarrior

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded busybox. I tried updating the superuser app but it failed to update. I checked their website out and I don't understand half that tech stuff. Boy am I trying to learn all this.
After downloading busybox, does it integrate somehow with Titanium??
I went back into Titanium and tried restoring the Facebook for HTC Sense app and it just hung on the "Restoring Facebook" menu again.
Would I need to restore the phone back to stock if I can't get it how I want it?? That's the part I am trying to avoid.
Please let me know if there are any steps I need to take with busybox in order to get it to work with Titanium.

koruptedwarrior

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Never mind on this issue. I decided to do a factory reset.
It didn't bring back the Facebook for HTC Sense app back.
So I'm in the process of installing a new ROM now :-[

Thanks anyway.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19