HoneyBun-v1- based off official ruu

How many uninstall Sprint tv

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
other than some hacked mash-up, i doubt there can be much done about a stable sense froyo rom until HTC drops the kernal/source. According to the open source GNU, they arent required to drop it until its released on a production HTC phone.

Since the sense proggies/services itself is not open source, it would have ot be ported and cant be built from source.

Too many things broken with the ASOP source, as anyone whos played with cryogenmods froyo beta has noticed (camera preview, MMS issues, GPS losing lock, etc).

Well, we should have this as soon as the EVO gets the upgrade then... Except for the resolution thing and different CPU blahblahblah - I'm sure it can be done once we get there.

Thanx for the input!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Moron here again, if I use Astro to look where the apps are being stored and see the apps in /system/sd/app does this mean they are being stored on the phone rather than the sdcard? I looked using a USB Drive connection and didnt see any on the SD card. Is there a command I need to do start A2SD?

a2sd work automatic if you have any ext on your sdcard.You don't have to do anything else.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
automatic if you formatted correctly...lol...check his a2sd check above...no swap...

also, im not sure if you know this beezy, but zipalign is disabled on boot by default, you have to turn it on...some kind of campatibility issue mentioned in his release notes...

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, we should have this as soon as the EVO gets the upgrade then... Except for the resolution thing and different CPU blahblahblah - I'm sure it can be done once we get there.

Thanx for the input!

cpu and gpu is mostly irrelevant. As soon as they release the update for the evo (or some reasonable time after), they will drop the source and someone will recompile the kernal for our cpu...

its the apps that are going to be a pain particularilly if they have been optimized for a higher resolution...

lasix

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth problem?

on rooted honeybun overclocked. trying to connect Motorola s9hd Bluetooth headset. connects for phone but not music. spec'd for hero.

please advise.

Ty

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Is the phone fully powered up? That's prolly why. I think you want to boot into recovery then use adb so there's no open files.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
on rooted honeybun overclocked. trying to connect Motorola s9hd Bluetooth headset. connects for phone but not music. spec'd for hero.

please advise.

Ty

That's odd my backbeat 906 hooks right up.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
if you do it fully booted up, u cant have the SD card mounted or it says "busy". It looks at all the partitions, including the FAT partition, so if its mounted, it cant check it.

took me a while to figure that one out too

lol

ive actually never thought to do it from recovery....

Last edited:

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
if you do it fully booted up, u cant have the SD card mounted or it says "busy". It looks at all the partitions, including the FAT partition, so if its mounted, it cant check it.

took me a while to figure that one out too

lol

ive actually never thought to do it from recovery....

being in the computer field for 22 years thats the way i think. thats also why i love to beta things. when they break i have a knack for retracing the steps to make it occur again, and solve it. unfortunately im going to work later to find out what my package will be cause they are automating me. but thats a good thing for you guys ill be here more often. LOL

Update. They're keeping me until 4/1/11 so ill be here same as b4. ;)

lasix

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
That's odd my backbeat 906 hooks right up.

I reflashed the headset, so it will pair with the hero. The problem is now that it seems the phone is not able to transmit the data fast enough. It gets bogged down skips then disconnects in about 2 minutes.

Is there a way to reflash bluetooth stacks?

JirafaBo

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Does Honeybun support ext4 for A2SD? I think it said on the Darktremor page that it depended on the rom. Looking forward to trying this rom.

Also, if it doesn't, is there any way to come back from ext4 to ext3 without repartitioning?

Last edited:

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
probobly not, as honeybun is pretty much stock with some speed tweaks...it might depend on the kernal though...is their any advantage to using ext4 rather than ext3?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
i believe there are issues with ext4 and sprint roms. i read something on xda about that. and yes you would have to repartition, JirafaBo.

JirafaBo

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
probobly not, as honeybun is pretty much stock with some speed tweaks...it might depend on the kernal though...is their any advantage to using ext4 rather than ext3?

I'm not sure. I was running ext4 on Fresh Toast before and just coming over to this rom I figured I'd ask. ext4 has to be better bc ext3 is better than ext2... lol at least that was my reasoning

i believe there are issues with ext4 and sprint roms. i read something on xda about that. and yes you would have to repartition, JirafaBo.

yeah I went ahead and repartitioned. thanks for the reply.

JirafaBo

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
removing other bloatware...

I tried to us ES File Explorer to remove some of the bloatware and couldn't find any of it. Used Astro and had no problems. However, some of the items aren't listed. How can I remove the following?

HTC Mobile Guide
IM
Setup (is this one removable? can't remember)
Stocks
Talk

I appreciate the help.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried to us ES File Explorer to remove some of the bloatware and couldn't find any of it. Used Astro and had no problems. However, some of the items aren't listed. How can I remove the following?

HTC Mobile Guide
IM
Setup (is this one removable? can't remember)
Stocks
Talk

I appreciate the help.
With ES you just have to type data/app in the search field and then you can see/delete the bloatware.
As for the other files you want to delete them are in system/app you can remove them with sdk or root explorer.I do think setup would give you problems if removed.The other ones you want to remove really they aren't that big of files,but if you don't want them just wait till the lite versions are up then flash one of them they won't have most of what you want removed,except i don't/won't remove talk.

Towards your other question,just so you know ext 2 is just as good as ext3 the difference is that ext3 does journaling(which in return does put more stress on the sd so really ext2 is just as good if not better then anyother.)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
All new roms are going up,this is basically the final versions,i will still provide support and do tweaking and make stuff for the roms.In the near future i plan to get a scaleable kernel built from source.Lite versions will be last up'd.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s