How to Root the Droid Bionic

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to root my Bionic and in following the instructions I am trying to install the Motorola drivers (Ver 5.2.0) and I get a message that can not install because a newer version of the product is already installed. When I look at my installed programs (Win 7 64 bit) I see that I have MotoHelper 2.1.32 Driver 5.4.0 installed.

Please advise on how I should proceed.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have this same problem, any suggestions? I could uninstall Motorola drivers ver. 5.4 and then install 5.2 but do not know if that is a good solution.

Please advise suggestions

SoCalFlasher

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have this same problem, any suggestions? I could uninstall Motorola drivers ver. 5.4 and then install 5.2 but do not know if that is a good solution.

Please advise suggestions

Neil, did you try just plugging your phone into your computer? If you have the drivers installed already, then you should be able to move to the next step.

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I had it plugged in. I believe I followed the instructions very carefully. When I tried installing the drivers from the root instructions it said that I had more up to date drivers and therefore would not install the "old drivers". I then tried using the root program and it finds the phone, reboots the phone, modifying local.prop, then reboots phone, then adding su, busybox, and superuser.apk then it fails and get message Error: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop methos

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I heard from the developer of root program (pete) and he said it no longer works. Please provide link for rooting that works

Muhsuperdroid

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ive been trying to root my new droid bionic and it keeps failing with both types of root tools. i have win 7 64 bit. and using that tool after step 2 and its restart i get an auto fail (adding su,busybox and superuser. apk FAIL!
error adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method.

using the windows xp tool pretty much all of step 2 and 3 are fails tried the command prompt method and i can get as far as getting the $
anything after that says they are readable files only..
HELP??

Last edited:

DerpManJr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Im having a problem with the root process (Step 3) my android version is 2.3.4 and the last step fails only to be read as ABD wasant able to get access to some local file...

Help please Im using a Droid Bionic if the problem is with the phone

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This may sound like a silly question but if I root my Bionic and then do a factory restore, I assume that the phone is no longer rooted and that Verizon would have no way of knowing that I rooted the phone previously.

Please confirm this assumption. If assumption is accurate then please direct me to the latest directions to root phone (as you can see from previous posts I tried rooting back a while ago but had problems).

KWP1911

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
No need to go thru all that yall. Copinli posted in another thread this link:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

This WILL root the .902 update even if you were not rooted before. It's quick & easy peasy!!!

Just have TB installed & ready then use this link to root .902!!!

And then you can freeze or get rid of all this new bloat they put in.

This took less than 5 minutes to install on my bionic. :D
Worked for me, though it did restart twice. I'm on version .905. Thanks!

crashnaz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Bionic Root FAQ's

I get this error when running petes program, another thing I noticed is the bionic is not listed as a compatible phone to be used by petes program

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.
PC OS info:
windows xp 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120411-1615

Droid Bionic info:
system version 5.9.905.xt875.verizon.en.us
android version 2.3.4
basebande version cdma_n_04.07.02r ltedc_u_07.1f.00
kernel version 2.6.35.7-g4fc328e
build number 5.5.1_84_dbn-74
prl version 15142

any ideas??

crashnaz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I get this error when running petes program, another thing I noticed is the bionic is not listed as a compatible phone to be used by petes program

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.
PC OS info:
windows xp 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120411-1615

Droid Bionic info:
system version 5.9.905.xt875.verizon.en.us
android version 2.3.4
basebande version cdma_n_04.07.02r ltedc_u_07.1f.00
kernel version 2.6.35.7-g4fc328e
build number 5.5.1_84_dbn-74
prl version 15142

any ideas??

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My recollection is that I had to use motofail to root .905; Pete's was for the earlier release. That's from memory, though -- can anyone else confirm or deny?

mattydaddy2

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
how do u know if phone cn be rooted this program rn 3x but 3rd step always failed said check to make sure phone could be rooted but unsure how help here please

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz