How to Root the Droid Bionic

mattydaddy2

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I get this error when running petes program, another thing I noticed is the bionic is not listed as a compatible phone to be used by petes program

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.
PC OS info:
windows xp 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120411-1615

Droid Bionic info:
system version 5.9.905.xt875.verizon.en.us
android version 2.3.4
basebande version cdma_n_04.07.02r ltedc_u_07.1f.00
kernel version 2.6.35.7-g4fc328e
build number 5.5.1_84_dbn-74
prl version 15142

any ideas??

this is my problem too do u have 2.3.4? isee nothin ascue so wtheck would make it do that

rhodest7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall where I got it, was a link on a forum, Pete's gave me the same error though, motofail went very smooth no problems at all,?and yes I'm running 2.3.4 on my bionic, 4.0.4 is my tab2 sorry

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

smbloo01

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was unable to root my Droid Bionic with the ICS update. I can't find an option to attach my phone to my PC for charge only since the update. Not sure if this is why the root process didn't work. Able to install the Motorola drivers. Opened the OneClick root software, but the program hung. Any help to root my phone would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here! tried everything. on Win7 x64 and deleted all the device drivers related to Motorola and reinstalled the correct ones with still no luck, watch you tube vids and just can't seem to get my bionic to root after the ics ota update.

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am beginning to think it's my phone that has the problem. I watched his video also and not able to get the ADB Device to be installed correctly. I get the nice little exclamation mark and error code 10. Looked everywhere about this code and mostly it talk about having the ADB_Usb.ini file in the user profile with the right hex profile code (0x22b8). I am running a window 7 ent. x64. Uninstalled all the drivers related to the usb android and Motorola. Re-installed the most current RSD Lite and Motorola Device Manager. Have the latest SDK installed. Running as full admin. And still can't get the phone to be recognized as an Composite Device. When I connect the phone to the usb, I do see it show up as far a storage. I have turned on Debugging and set it to MTP. But running motofail or even the razoredge utility it hangs on daemon started successfully but goes no further. My Bionic is running System Version: 6.7.232.XT875.Verizon.enu.US. Android Version: 4.0.4 Base Version CDMA_N_05.13.01R LTEDC_U_09.14.00. Build Number 6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-9 Kernel: 3.0.8g44ffd6a. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also I had installed the HOB ICS rom before the OTA went out. One morning I woke to the surprise the my phone got updated by verizon also. Don't know if this is what screwed it up, but wanted to mention it.

Eric Hoel

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello, TOTAL newbie here. I just got a Bionic because the former owner said the battery was useless and was losing power after 3 hours. I have only had an Octane feature phone before this and only used text, no other data. I found this thread and was very excited by the possibility and tried to root the phone last night. I was able to find the USB debugging after some searching. The download was going well on the Gingerbread 2.3.4 version, but got this message "ERROR: you are missing ADB.EXE, which was packaged with this program. Make sure that you extract all files with this one-click root package." I had to extract just to run the program the first time. Did I miss something?

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Will this procedure work with the new Bionic OTA Jelly Bean update?
I read you cannot Root Jelly Bean which sounded very strange to me.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No it won't. There is currently no known root exploit for jb. You have to root on ICS and protect root with voodoo in order to keep root thru the ota.

sent from my icy Bionic with a side of jellybeans

DaleGriggs

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I was afraid of that. I had root and did the update but it would never come off the rotating red eye, so I had to do a factory reset. So, now I am hosed.
I imagine no one is too excited about working on a Bionic since it is almost two years old. I was jazzed up about the Motorola X but this dumb *** decision by Motorola may change my mind.
Does anyone know how to get back to ICS so I can get root again?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You're Sol unfortunately until a root exploit is found, and that's not guaranteed by any means. And for the record its not a decision by moto.

sent from my icy Bionic with a side of jellybeans