HSPA+ a different plan than HSPA?

Tompoint0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When i first got my Inspire 4G (day 1) they reused by sim card from my blackberry bold. I've always had the H+ symbol on my phone from day one. I am taking it that my sim card is enabling me to receive HSPA+ signal. Does anyone know that if there is a different in HSPA and HSPA+ in regards to the data plan on AT&T's system.

So here is what I am trying to do:

I am currently using my inspire but I want to be able to use my blackberry 9700 on days that I will not be near my office (to charge the device). I was considering switching my data plan to the blackberry plan so I can enable BIS/BES. Will i be able to use my inspire with HSPA+ if I am registered for a blackberry data plan?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This is an interesting question. AT&T appears to have 3 different data plan categories - for Blackberry, for smartphones, and for HSPA+ smartphones. The HSPA+ plans say in the description "for HSPA+/4G smartphones only". The other 2 don't say anything like that. Even while the Blackberry plans list the compatible phones, they don't say "for Blackberry only". The problem that I see is that your account will show that you now have the Inspire, so it won't even give you the option to choose the Blackberry plan.