HSPA+ a different plan than HSPA?

Tompoint0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When i first got my Inspire 4G (day 1) they reused by sim card from my blackberry bold. I've always had the H+ symbol on my phone from day one. I am taking it that my sim card is enabling me to receive HSPA+ signal. Does anyone know that if there is a different in HSPA and HSPA+ in regards to the data plan on AT&T's system.

So here is what I am trying to do:

I am currently using my inspire but I want to be able to use my blackberry 9700 on days that I will not be near my office (to charge the device). I was considering switching my data plan to the blackberry plan so I can enable BIS/BES. Will i be able to use my inspire with HSPA+ if I am registered for a blackberry data plan?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This is an interesting question. AT&T appears to have 3 different data plan categories - for Blackberry, for smartphones, and for HSPA+ smartphones. The HSPA+ plans say in the description "for HSPA+/4G smartphones only". The other 2 don't say anything like that. Even while the Blackberry plans list the compatible phones, they don't say "for Blackberry only". The problem that I see is that your account will show that you now have the Inspire, so it won't even give you the option to choose the Blackberry plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos